UKC

Finding climbing partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Eeep 15 Jun 2017
Hi all, I'm trying to climb outside more but having a few problems finding people to go with.

None of my friends climb outside. In fact only one climbs at all and he's quite inexperienced and has no trad experience.

I very recently joined a club. I've met a few people so trying to build on that but I move around a lot for work so not around a lot.

I don't have a lot of experience or equipment. Just started trad climbing a few months ago. I've got a small rack and ropes. Looking to get more.

So...how do I get more experience without partners and how do I get partners without experience?
 Mark Collins 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Eeep:

Ask in the climbing partners section on here. I've met a number through this and although I was experienced at the time I don't see your situation as a barrier, and I think you'll find plenty of others who feel the same way. Climbers always require belayers. Also, try filling out your profile a bit more and make your logbook public so that folk can get an idea of where you're at. I don't see you moving around as a barrier either, plenty of the people I climb with live hundreds of miles away. Admittedly, I won't be meeting up for evening sessions with them but weekend and longer trips are not a problem.
OP Eeep 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Mark Collins:

Thanks. I didn't realize my logbook was private. I started this account years ago and I had nothing to say except Newb! So I'll def pad it out a bit
 petetosh 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Eeep:

Where are you based?
OP Eeep 15 Jun 2017
In reply to petetosh:

Ummm.....I don't really have a base. I move around and live wherever I'm working and then move on. Currently South Wales and Somerset
 petetosh 15 Jun 2017
In reply to Eeep:

> Ummm.....I don't really have a base. I move around and live wherever I'm working and then move on. Currently South Wales and Somerset

Im in Bristol similar situation to you drop me a message through here if you want to meet up

Pete
 springfall2008 16 Jun 2017
In reply to Eeep:

There's loads of good facebook groups for this purpose, have a search around e.g. Bristol Climbers Club

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...