UKC

Hello everyone!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jono_nwk 06 Aug 2013
New to rock climbing and the site and looking to start climbing.. Looking for good advice on where to start.. And also maybe a group or new beginner like me to do climbs with.. Any advice or replies appreciated!
 The Norris 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:

Hello and welcome! I would suggest filling in your profile as a starting point, as it'll help to know what area you're closest to, and what nearby indoor walls/clubs there may be.

Simon
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:

What are you trying to sell!!!!
jono_nwk 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk: sell??
jono_nwk 06 Aug 2013
In reply to The Norris: thanks.. Just done
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:

Yeah sell. People are only nice on here when they want to sell stuff. If its Ice Screw then watch out. Oh, and don't mention the Go Outdoors price match, it upsets a few people.

Other than that. do what you want. Just don't ask the Lemming about Popshot, or they'll be trouble.
andymac 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:

Are you Popshot ?
jono_nwk 06 Aug 2013
In reply to andymac: I'm an absolute newb to this and have no clue what any of these things are.. Soz
jono_nwk 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk: how do I view people's profiles?
 Skip 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:
> (In reply to jono_nwk) how do I view people's profiles?

Click on the little red ?
andymac 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:
> (In reply to andymac) I'm an absolute newb to this and have no clue what any of these things are.. Soz

ignore my rudeness mate .

welcome to UKC.

The Norris 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:

My second suggestion would be to take everything anyone says with a pinch of salt. There are In-jokes on here that seem to date back to the jurassic age! All of which will make no sense.

I'm based in Manchester but often climb in the peak district (tip - dont call it the 'Peaks', its the 'Peak', you'll get shouted at for that!), happy to climb with you soon (im away this weekend). Can you belay safely?
 muppetfilter 06 Aug 2013
In reply to Run_Ross_Run: Please remember that the OP is new, and is posting in the starting out forum... Be nice.

To jono_nwk:As has been mentioned look for a local club, they welcome keen new members. Also keep an eye out on the lifts and partners bit of this site, its a good place to meet people and be open with people about your experience.

As far as gear ... well ... A comfy snug pair of rockboots and a harness that doesn't garrotte your nadgers is a must. Also a belay device and screwgate are all you need to get started. You can then plan how to spend a small fortune on all sorts of shiney gear ;0)
 Malt_Loaf 06 Aug 2013
In reply to Skip: It's orange
 Run_Ross_Run 06 Aug 2013
In reply to muppetfilter:
> (In reply to Run_Ross_Run) Please remember that the OP is new, and is posting in the starting out forum... Be nice.
>
You for real? Give the OP more credit
jono_nwk 06 Aug 2013
In reply to The Norris: no.. As I say I'm totally new and need to got on some indoors and get to grips with everything but will stay in touch when I have a little experience!
OP Anonymous 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:
Try nottingham climbing centre, they do beginners courses
Graeme G 06 Aug 2013
In reply to jono_nwk:

Welcome. I would suggest offering some insight into Thatcher, toproping, retro bolting, the budget, the Queen and welfare scroungers to get yourself settled in.

Either that or you could actually talking about climbing......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...