UKC

How to get out and start

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BenRoll 08 Dec 2017
I've been climbing on and off for 2 years, i've spent time in Scotland and the Alps, i've learned how to lead sport, indoors and second (briefly) in trad. All with guides.

But i still don't have the confidence/partners to actually get out and do some climbing.

I'm based in Leeds but don't have my own transport, but there is still plenty to do.

I was just wondering how other people have managed to really start out without needing to pay money to a guiding company, and if it would even be possible with my experience.

Thanks for any help anyone can give, any questions just drop me a message!
J1234 08 Dec 2017
In reply to Noxeal:

Create a full profile on here. Then post in lifts and partners and be dead honest about what you can do and want to do. Do not piss people about, if you say your meeting at XYZ at 8am, be there at 7.50am.
Learn to have a chat, nowt worse than some gonk who cannot string a sentence together.

or

Join a club.
 GrahamD 08 Dec 2017
In reply to Noxeal:

I joined a club
 Billhook 08 Dec 2017
In reply to Noxeal:

Join a club.

Even if its just so you can meet some like minded sole should you not really enjoy the idea of 'clubs'.
In reply to Dave Perry:

I'd agree with both the ideas above.... join a club, and fill out profile on here. Every so often POST LOOKING for partner but always look for partners wanted in local area
 springfall2008 10 Dec 2017
In reply to BenRoll:

I find the local Facebook climbing groups great if you want to meet with climbers of similar ability.

For now I'd offer to second Trad or climb sport with someone more experienced so you can learn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...