UKC

I really want to get into winter walking / basic routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Oliiver 10 Nov 2013
Hello,

Basically, i've got a dilemma. I'm nearly 17 and this poses a major issue. I can't join mountaineering clubs and i don't know any one who's into winter walking or mountaineering. I've done a winter skills course and i go rock climbing. I've got all the equipment for winter walking / basic gully routes. How about do i go about finding a partner ?

Thank you,

Oliver
In reply to Oliiver: I've met up with lots of people through the lift and partners forum, went on to become friends with many of them. Try posting the same thing in lift and partners? Although without a profile I doubt many people will take you up.
Oliiver 10 Nov 2013
In reply to Oliiver: What do you mean by a profile? I.e logbooks of climbs and stuff? If so, i'm pretty nooby to outdoor climbing lol
In reply to Oliiver: Click on the little question mark next to my name, if you explore everything in there you can find out all about me, my name, pictures of me climbing and the level I climb at, climbing preferences, where I live. Basically it just lets people know who I am and that I'm a genuine person.

If you don't create a profile you get a grey arrow like yours. People are suspicious of grey arrows, that's why people are calling you a troll. A troll is someone who creates a fake profile and lies about who they are, usually with the intention of winding people up.

If you click on the grey arrow you'll be invited to set up a profile, just some basic information will help, you don't have to tell anyone your full name or post a picture but details like your age, where you live and your climbing experience will help them to decide if you'll make a suitable partnership. Setting up a log book would be great too.
In reply to Oliiver: Much better!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...