UKC

learning how to climb trad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
AJ12 20 Aug 2012
Hi

I want to start climbing trad but cannot seem to find a partner who will teach me. Is anyone out there who could help me???

The only area that i can get to is cairngorms or anywhere near aberdeen...

Look forward to hearing from you

Alex Jordan
 mmmhumous 20 Aug 2012
In reply to AJ12:

Hi Alex,

If you don't have any luck on here, it might be worth getting in contact with your local climbing club (check out the classifieds Map).
 EeeByGum 21 Aug 2012
In reply to AJ12: Just keep an eye out on this board. There seem to be tonnes of people offering free tuition as part of various assessments. Alternatively, get yourself some books from the library on how to climb and learn the basics yourself. It really is all common sense. Actually leading takes a sense of adventure and a bit of nerve but that is part of the joy. Once you know the ropes it should be easier to find a partner.
 bpmclimb 28 Aug 2012
In reply to AJ12:

Your profile says you're based in Norwich!
 Kevster 28 Aug 2012
In reply to bpmclimb:

bpmclimb: There are stil clubs, walls and climbers in East Anglia!!!

OP: Join a club IMO. even just for the transport cost it makes sense, let alone all the other things which you'd gain.
I heard a rumour that the further from the crag, the bigger and better the club scene is.
 bpmclimb 28 Aug 2012
In reply to Kevster:
> (In reply to bpmclimb)
>
> bpmclimb: There are stil clubs, walls and climbers in East Anglia!!!
>

I'm sure there are; but the OP says he can only get to Aberdeen/Cairngorms crags.

mrbird 15 Sep 2012
In reply to AJ12: Im with the Cairngorm club in Aberdeen. Theyre very good. Full of excellent, experienced climbers who have been brilliant and have taught me alot. Theres a website or email me for info....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...