UKC

Looking to make the transition from gym to trad? or Scramble?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alpinismo.uk 10 Aug 2013
For the duration of August (from the 12th) i will be based in North Wales and for anyone interested in scrambling, or climbing input, l will have some days free to work with people and give input. Looking at the 15th 16th 18th onwards at the moment, this would be an ideal opportunity to move from indoor climbing to outdoor climbing and get a route or two in.

What l need from yourself bring your lunch and suitable clothing, your own harness helmet and footwear, i.e. rockshoes or boots for scrambling. As part of the UKC guidelines please note the below statement, and if you wish to discuss this further please mail me. (if you don't have a helmet, l have a spare).

regards Debbie

Notes re climbing and scrambling offered:
RE MIA Trainee

- As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification. The term aspirant should not be used as a level of competency for multi-pitch climbing has not been assessed.

Insurance
- I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.
 Jan T 11 Aug 2013
In reply to alpinismo.uk: Hiya Debbie. I am in Llangollen until 18 Aug and also for the bank holiday weekend. I have recently completed the BMC Conversion to Rock course at PYB but have limited experience of climbing outside and would love to climb with a more experienced climber to consolidate my learning on the course. Please reply if you think I would be the type of participant you are looking for.
Thanks Jan
Markhumphreys 15 Aug 2013
Hi Debbie, I'd be really interested in doing something and am not too far away from you (near Manchester). I have some time off work mid-week and am ok most weekends. I've only experience of climbing indoors and unfortunately haven't been able to convince my regular partner to join me in climbing outdoors....so I'd be on my own. Can you let me know if that's any good for you?
Thanks, mark
OP alpinismo.uk 18 Aug 2013

thank you to all the people who responded, l have now filled all the time i had for this, and am looking forward to seeing some of you in the next few days, weeks, to those who l have been unable to squash into to my crowded diary but who contacted me -thanks, and don't despair there are plenty more trainees looking to add an additional few days to our log book.
regards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...