UKC

To Club or not to Club??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 StephenS 28 Dec 2012
Just wondering about joining a BMC club, mainly to meet more experienced people, and jump on some BMC courses.

What are peoples experience of clubs? Can anybody recommend a good club based in the North West (Liverpool area)?

Thanks
 yeti 28 Dec 2012
In reply to Littleslip:

i expected something about seals

been reading the trolling thread...
In reply to Littleslip:

Join a club! When I lived on the Wirral I was in the Vagabonds and The Wayfarers, Merseyside MC also a good group.
 scott titt 29 Dec 2012
In reply to Littleslip: Here is what I said in April here on UKC

Jack: And finally, if you had one piece of advice to give to less experienced climbers, what would it be?

Scott Titt: Join a club. The depth of knowledge and experience found in clubs, coupled with the meet and transport arrangements and the wide reaching contacts is beyond price. Club subscriptions are one of the secret bargains of the climbing world.

Rog Wilko 29 Dec 2012
In reply to Littleslip: I can only concur with Trevor and Scott. If you get into an active and welcoming club it can change your life. I joined a club over 20 years ago and the friendships which grew out of that are priceless. Apart from that for a newcomer to the scene you will learn hugely from the vast store of experience in a long standing club. The Lancashire Caving & Climbing Club which I joined is a friendly and non-elitist group with probably the most chock-full programme of any club in the country. We have active members of all ages and both sexes. There are members interested in all aspects of climbing (caving is rather in the doldrums at the moment, sadly) from bouldering to Alpinism. We have meets every weekend and midweek evening meets (outdoor in summer)and several foreign trips every year. We have two huts, one in the Lakes, one in N Wales. Our web site (in the process of being renovated at the moment) is at http://www.lancashirecavingandclimbingclub.co.uk/home/
OP StephenS 06 Jan 2013
In reply to Littleslip:

Ah right thanks for the advice, I'll start having a look around and get down to a few meets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...