UKC

What is so special about guide pants?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nutme 16 Jan 2014
Hi,
I never owned guide pants, but now have an offer to get a pair cheap and would like to know what those are good for. And if would benefit from it please?

I am a summer climber staying away from ice.

Any advice please?
 forcan 16 Jan 2014
In reply to nutme:

My Rab Guide pants are lined, feature a more secure waist button/hook closure, and have crampon-resistant material up the insides of the legs. They tend to be made of generally harder wearing material too.
 dutybooty 16 Jan 2014
In reply to nutme:
As a general rule if they put guide on the end of a product it's normally warmer and harder wearing.
 Mountain Llama 16 Jan 2014
In reply to nutme:

As a general rule if they put guide on the end of a product name they can charge £50 more!
EvanDavies 16 Jan 2014
In reply to nutme:

If you wear any clothes with "guide" in the name you automatically become a qualified mountain guide.

Which specific model are you looking at getting?
 AdrianC 16 Jan 2014
In reply to nutme: Nothing. It's what's inside them.

In reply to nutme:
As I understand it guide pants make your member point north thus allowing you to navigate without a compass.
Post edited at 22:29
OP nutme 17 Jan 2014
In reply to EvanDavies:
it is HH ones:
http://shop.hellyhansen.com/gb/item/odin-guide-pant-66572/?t_type=src&COLOR...

Thanks for replies, I guess I will make it to high street store on the weekend to 'touch' one of those myself.
Post edited at 09:37
 timjones 17 Jan 2014
In reply to nutme:

> Hi,

> I never owned guide pants, but now have an offer to get a pair cheap and would like to know what those are good for. And if would benefit from it please?

> I am a summer climber staying away from ice.

> Any advice please?

Guide pants tend to be pink and frilly. If you're a bloke it's probably not a good idea to wear them whilst you are climbing

Billhook 18 Jan 2014
In reply to AdrianC:

Ah, that must be linked to this thread http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=575691

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...