UKC

First Confirmed F8c Onsight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adam Lincoln 07 Oct 2004
White Zombi in Baltzola by Yuji Hirayama!
sloper 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Adam Lincoln: but what's he ever done on Stanage?
dark_star 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Hot damn!!!111
 richardh 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

where is that?
OP Adam Lincoln 07 Oct 2004
In reply to richardh:

Basque region of Spain
weeman 07 Oct 2004
any links to pages with details of it??
James Jackson 07 Oct 2004

That's quite tough really. Muchos respect.
virgil 07 Oct 2004
bloody hell thats impressive.
 John2 07 Oct 2004
In reply to virgil: He says he's now off to France to try some 9As on sight.
Scottish 07 Oct 2004
In reply to sloper:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln) but what's he ever done on Stanage?

what is it about all you funny english folk that you have to get stanage into every thread!

Grit is overrated and a waist of time.

get yourself onto the etive slabs if you want to climb hard slab routes. that way when you fall off Angel and finish 100m below you might find out that a 10 grit slab is a piece of piss and that you are all wrong in the head!
 TobyA 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Scottish:

> (In reply to sloper)

> what is it about all you funny english folk that you have to get stanage into every thread!

Isn't Sloper Irish?

> Grit is overrated and a waist of time.

I'm inclined to agree with you on the first bit. On the second premise: it's better than watching TV and getting fat (waste not waist, BTW).
sloper 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Scottish: You're right about grit being over-rated the only rock worthy of mention is -10 and Tom's roof.

Scotland? Just glorified rambling.

When you slip of the second move of Pinches II (not using foothold k) you'll realise that bit og granite or gneiss is best used as a paperweight.
 ALF 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Stanage, wheres that?

Nick
 GrahamD 07 Oct 2004
In reply to TobyA:

> Isn't Sloper Irish?
>

Plastic Paddy.
 Duncan Irving 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Scottish:

Which particular slab route on the Etive Slabs did you have in mind when you were thinking of "hard slab routes" ??? Most of them are p*ss-easy romps you can do with your eyes shut. In fact, given the run-outs, they're best climbed with your eyes shut.
Scottish 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Duncan Irving:

Angel
 Norrie Muir 07 Oct 2004
In reply to sloper:
> Scotland? Just glorified rambling.
>
Dear sloper

Please only post on DTP. This is a serious thread and the nearest you would get to any hard climb, you would be used a a crash mat.

Norrie
sloper 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Norrie Muir: been on the buckfast?
 Norrie Muir 07 Oct 2004
In reply to sloper:
> (In reply to Norrie Muir) been on the buckfast?

Dear sloper

Why bring up a winter route on this forum? You should stick to the DTP forum, as you are not too good at sticking to the rock.

Norrie
 dominic_s 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Adam Lincoln: put your hadbags away ladies, you're all off topic. the fact that some super-talented individual has clung on and moved like a genius to achieve what he has should be enough to stop your petty bickering. you've all got the english disease. yuck.
 JR 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Scottish:
> (In reply to sloper)
> [...]
>
>

>
> Grit is overrated and a waist of time.
>

so is spelling...
Stroller 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Norrie Muir:
> (In reply to sloper)
> [...]
> Dear sloper
>
> Please only post on DTP. This is a serious thread and the nearest you would get to any hard climb, you would be used a a crash mat.
>
> Norrie

Firstly maybe you should start reading profiles, slopes as we like to call him has lead rock climbed far harder than you'll ever dream of doing, let alone have done.

Further more his soloing skills are pretty shit hot. I'd be willing to bet he's soloed far higher up the grades than you also.
 Norrie Muir 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Stroller:

Dear Stroller

Behave yourself, this is a serious thread and sloper can speak for himself. What have you done on the grit, by the way?

Norrie
Stroller 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Norrie Muir:
Very little much the same as your good self.

By the way, I was being serious 'Slopes' has onsighted E6, what have you ever done on rock ?

Are you still at school ? you sound like you can't be more than 13, if so be a good lad and go and do your homework.
sloper 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Stroller: All a joke I'm afraid, I've actually never climbed out of bed.
Stroller 07 Oct 2004
In reply to sloper:
Ahhh I see an arm chair climber, don't tell me your onsight E6 was actually watching Hard Grit without any beta from the beguining to the end in one go without rewinding ?
Anonymous 07 Oct 2004

> Are you still at school ? you sound like you can't be more than 13, if so be a good lad and go and do your homework.

lol. i think he might have a wee bit more experience than that
 Norrie Muir 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Stroller:
> (In reply to sloper)
> Ahhh I see an arm chair climber, don't tell me your onsight E6 was actually watching Hard Grit without any beta from the beguining to the end in one go without rewinding ?

Dear Stroller

Most reasonable climbers are modest, so sloper does not have to tell you anything.

Norrie

PS You never mentioned, if you climbed on grit.
sloper 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Stroller: Well I did have a few spotters around in case I fell out of my chair and my beer was pre-placed.

Actually most of the E6's I've done were E5 when I did them, I'm looking forward to the 2030 guidebook when I can claim to have ondighted E9.
 Norrie Muir 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Stroller:
> (In reply to Norrie Muir)
> Are you still at school ? you sound like you can't be more than 13, if so be a good lad and go and do your homework.

Dear stroller

You have found me out, Sherlock, sorry. Which books should I read?

Norrie
sloper 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Norrie Muir: The Joy of Sex & Emmanuel, all the reading a growing 13 year old needs.
Stroller 07 Oct 2004
In reply to sloper:
LOL...........

I was thinking Adrian Mole may be appropriate ?
 Norrie Muir 07 Oct 2004
In reply to sloper:
> (In reply to Norrie Muir) The Joy of Sex & Emmanuel, all the reading a growing 13 year old needs.

Dear sloper

Thanks, but you are only an E5/6 climber, I want a real climber like Stroller's advice.

Norrie
Anonymous 07 Oct 2004
In reply to sloper:

>Emmanuel, all the reading a growing 13 year old needs.

A growing homosexual 13-year-old, presumably. Or were you referring to Kant in a rather familiar manner?
ChrisG 07 Oct 2004
In reply to Adam Lincoln: take him to pex!
 Andy S 07 Oct 2004
Yeah but what's he done on grit?
 Andy Farnell 08 Oct 2004
In reply to ChrisG:
> (In reply to Adam Lincoln) take him to pex!

Great idea, but as he waited 3 day's for the right conditions to get this 8c, he may well be waiting 6 months for the right conditions to have a go at Monoblock.

Andy F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...