UKC

Time for New Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BennyBoy 25 Oct 2004
Well it's that time when the best pair of boots you have ever worn have seen better days. I need a new pair and the only boot to replace them is another pair of the best boots ever made(arguably)Red Chilli Dos Equis!
So anyone out there that are into top ranking technical boots will realise that these are now discontinued and unless your feet are the size of Captainbrownswords willie the stocks have ran out.
The challenge now is to find there successor and this is where I am coming to a dead end.
I have seen the Mad Rocks which are v-nice but, I'm a little unsure of there wear and tear and also this funny looking double rubber sole?
Or the good old Anasazi Velcro's again their ware and tear is in question but their performance has been proven over and over.
So I ask anyone out there for some feed back on these boots or any others that you think might meet the grade, Pretty please!
 BrianT 26 Oct 2004
In reply to BennyBoy: You really NEED new boots? Why not have your old ones re-soled? If they are really really shagged, don't be fooled into thinking that the boots you wear make a significant difference to how you climb. You lead up to E1, so pretty much any boot will do. Seriously. There were people climbing E7 long, long before sticky rubber, and I climbed my first E1 in EB's, and haven't noticed sticky rubber making any vast difference. all boots are sticky rubber now, even the 15 quid ones from decathlon.

Just my opinion of course.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...