UKC

How good are macpac tents??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Steve Humm 01 Feb 2002
I know how good Macpac sac's are but has anyone got experiece of their tents?? I've been offered a minaret at a bargain price,it could be just what i'm after,ie;fairly light and strong enough for 4 season backpacking with some alpine use. any thoughts plz thanks
mountain god ross 01 Feb 2002
In reply to Steve Humm:
i Have an old mineret - the ones before the angled front porch and same length poles. It is absolutely fabulous. It is light weight, stands up to stong winds and both inner and outer pitch together - added bonus in bad weather.

Disadvantage is that is is a little small unless you are both quite close and with the newer ones your bags have to be left outside in a big orange bivvi bag.
SlimJim 01 Feb 2002
In reply to Steve Humm: The minarets are the BIZ! Had mine for about two years, used it in all conditions in Scotland (wind, rain, snow) and have used it ski touring in Norway - no problems. If you don't take it let me know where it is as one of my mates wants to replace his TN Trisar with one.
Steve Humm 07 Feb 2002
In reply to SlimJim:Sorry slim have bought the tent, brand new £200 bargain. Off to lakes next week,was going to hostel but think i'll use the shiney new Minaret!!!
Dan Jones 07 Feb 2002
In reply to Steve Humm: Camping? in the Lakes? Good luck, you'll spend most of you're time in the NT Campsite toilet block I imagine.............
Bring your paddles!
PaulJ 07 Feb 2002
In reply to Steve Humm:

I too have an old stylee minaret bought in about 1995...

Its done the coast to coast walk with me and can stand one hell of a gale..!

The best bit though is the bathtub ground sheet....theres no wat your gonna get any water soaking up through that bugger.....

I woke up one norning to find a river running under the tent but twas still bone dry inside....

PaulJ

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...