UKC

where sells cat 4 sunglasses...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ali 12 May 2005
...Preferably in manchester or chester. I've tried on all the ones they have in the shop in Cambridge and they all still let a fair bit of light in underneath the glasses. Trouble is I'm not sure where will sell a larger range (if there are many other makes that are this dark!). Will probably be in manchester tomorrow morning if there are any good shops there otherwise can nip into chester so any suggestions for places to visit would be much appreciated!
 Kenny 12 May 2005
In reply to Ali:

I imagine Ellis Brigham will do them, there's 2 branches in Manc. Think there's a Cotswolds too Indeed all the big chains (and I am sure some locals will recommend some little independents). BUt EB prob best bet if you're in a rush and want a bit of choice. I like the Castlefield(?) branch
chris tan ( unVersioned) 12 May 2005
In reply to Ali:

On Deansgate, there's 2 x Ellis Brigham, 1 x field + trek and 1 x Blacks

On Oxford road, there's Cotswold

Just out of town, on Princess Parkway there's snow + rock

My Fav shop is in Ashton-under-lyne, Outdoor Action. It's a real Alladin's cave.
 Simon Caldwell 12 May 2005
In reply to Ali:
My partner was looking for some in a hurry last year, and none of the buig outdoor shops had any more than a single pair (which was always the wrong size). She eventually found an excellent selection at huge discounts (she paid £15!) in CCC Sheffield. Which isn't in Manchester or Chester of course so not much help
OP Ali 12 May 2005
In reply to Simon Caldwell: Cheers :oP If i had time i would definately look in sheffield area, but don't think i'm going to be around the peak before i head off to greenland so thats a no-go
Bill Ford-Smith 12 May 2005
In reply to Ali:

You may have to hunt a bit: Cat 4 shades are too dark to be recommended for driving in, hence they tend not be stocked as much as the lighter tints.
 Fraser 12 May 2005
In reply to Ali:

Oops- mis-read that.

Thought you were asking for somewhere that sold sunglasses for cats.
 jools 12 May 2005
In reply to Bill Ford-Smith:

cat 4 glasses are graded as such as they are coated on both sides of the lens, not because they are darker.

Who recommeded them as driving shades?

Buy Julbo and if you heading to the alps buy them there, much cheaper! Nomads are great very light tuff and comfy.

lewis 12 May 2005
In reply to jools:

> Who recommeded them as driving shades?
You what? He said they arn't recommened as driving glasses as a reason why they arn't stocked geneally. iirc the instruction leaflet for oakleys says they are not suitable for driving.
SI A 13 May 2005
In reply to Ali:

snow and rock do them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...