UKC

Berghaus extreme expedition rucsac

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mangosta 24 May 2005
I want to know information about the Berghaus Extreme Expedition rucsac. In the Berghaus webpage it is not very well evaluated and i havent found other reviews of it.
OP Anonymous 24 May 2005
In reply to mangosta:

Yeah. I've had the same trouble. Can't even find somewhere that stocks it in the UK to try it on. Really would like to find out more as it looks like a quality bit of kit.

Good luck!

Richard Carter 25 May 2005
tiso in newcastle have some in stock, tried one out when i was buying a rucksack. soooooooo light! however you gotta pack carefully as it isnt the most comfortable sack ever. in the end i decided it was too big, id have been tempted to take too much stuff with me!
Josh's wallet 25 May 2005
In reply to mangosta:

I used one last year for month long trip to Daxue Shan mountains in central China / Tibet (Minya Gongga mountains). Ordered through my local Nevis Sports shop after similar diffs locating anywhere. Big sack and comfortable (there were only two of us), useful pockets on lid, good expansion lid, strong haul handles (one on back and top front), generally durable; but, belt buckle broke at critical moment (replaced without quibble back in UK and the replacement is stronger); the compression strap under the lid for rope also had weak buckle which meant couldn't really compress; the bits to strap axes to the back were funny elasticated straps rather then more conventional buckles - sounds fussy but were a pain; some of the other straps also unduly fussy and not what you need.

Recall being about £100 which seems reasonable price for a big sack. Have used Berghaus sacks for years - this not as well made as others and doubt will prove as durable. But, suited our purposes, very comfortable carry and held tons of gear.
Mo_Sizlac 26 May 2005
In reply to mangosta: I bought one two years ago to replace a 15 year old Cyclops Alp. Wanted something with just the single main compartment. Used it for two months solid in Iceland last year, found it very comfortable, and touch wood not had any problems with it. Mine is the first version of it, so it's got the light weight buckles and "one handed ice axe straps" Seem to stand up to the abuse well and not leaked on me yet. Think it comes in two back sizes so it's worth getting advice if you can't try before you buy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...