UKC

UKC Readership Survey - Chance to Win a Free T-Shirt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
http://www.ukclimbing.com/general/survey.html

To make UKC better in terms of content and a greater service to you, we need to sell advertising. We have invested thousands of pounds in UKC over the last eight years developing the photo galleries, the forums, paying for articles and gathering news.

This readership survey will help us find out more about those who visit UKC and develop a media planner for advertisers. By helping advertisers display products and services that you are interested in we will be able to make UKC even better.

Importantly we also need to know what you think about UKC and how you think it can be made better. This survey has a section where you can tell us what you think about UKC and what you want to see. We listen very carefully to what you say and appreciate all constructive criticism & advice and will act on it.

This readership survey is completely anonymous. Just fill in the form and hit submit, it's all done online and no reference of your IP address, user profile or email address will be recorded.

Complete this survey and you'll have the chance to win a FREE UKC T-shirt.
There are 100 shirts up for grabs. If you're a winner, click the T-shirt link after the survey to fill in your delivery details.

Thanks!
 Marc C 08 Jun 2005
In reply to Andy Hyslop - UKC: Didn't notice any 'Toproping' option on the question 'What type of climbing do you do?'
 craig h 08 Jun 2005
In reply to Andy Hyslop - UKC:

E6. How do you rate UKC's articles?

I have read a couple so could not comment on the quallity. You have to comment though in the survey, so a 3. No option of not read any/many.
Alex Purser 09 Jun 2005
In reply to craig h:

Yeah. And what if you like some but not others?
 Tinnik Tinnik 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Andy Hyslop - UKC: If the survey is anonymous: (a) how will you know who will win the T-shirts,? and (b)how will you send them out to the correct addresses? TT
 Michael Ryan 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Marc C:
> (In reply to Andy Hyslop - UKC) Didn't notice any 'Toproping' option on the question 'What type of climbing do you do?'

That's quite enough young man. As you know everyone's a top roper Marc....that's a given, whether they admit it or not.

You trying to top rope this thread?

M
In reply to Tinnik Tinnik:
> (In reply to Andy Hyslop - UKC) If the survey is anonymous: (a) how will you know who will win the T-shirts,? and (b)how will you send them out to the correct addresses? TT

From the bottom of the survey form page:

"If you are a winner of one of our 100 UKC T-shirts, you'll be given a T-shirt link after clicking the 'Submit survey' button above. If you want the T-shirt, you can then fill in your delivery details - we won't record this with your survey - it's just for posting out the T-shirt."

Lurking Dave 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: And I would like to say thank you for my Tee Shirt.

Remember no Avatars.

LD
 Marc C 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: I didn't win a T-shirt and I said nice things about UKC! :{ Is it cos I is not from Sheffield?
 Tinnik Tinnik 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Thanks Nick ! I couldn't find your survey at the time - either on the forums / opening page. [don't know what that says about its positioning or me!]

I since found your link on the opening post here - having completed it, like another poster [above], I note I haven't
won a T-shirt either! TT
 sandywilson 09 Jun 2005
Has anybody one a t-shirt?
 sandywilson 09 Jun 2005
In reply to sandywilson:
> Has anybody one a t-shirt?

Spit the deliberate mistake!
epik 09 Jun 2005
In reply to sandywilson:

i won a t-shirt but havent received it yet!
Wes 09 Jun 2005
In reply to sandywilson: Yep, won one a couple of days ago...waiting for its arrival!
 Simon Caldwell 09 Jun 2005
In reply to sandywilson:
> Has anybody one a t-shirt?

No. And I can't work out how to hack it so I can enter the competition again
TMW 09 Jun 2005
In reply to sandywilson:

Yep, I won one, & awaiting it's arrival!
 JulesW 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Simon Caldwell: is it no just a matter of borrowing someone elses pc ?
epik 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

new ip (other web connection) and new user id should do it! do you realy want a t-shirt that bad?
 Simon Caldwell 09 Jun 2005
In reply to epik:
I aim to get it signed by Nick (will forge if necessary)and sell it for a fortune on Ebay
epik 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Simon Caldwell:
> (In reply to epik)
> I aim to get it signed by Nick (will forge if necessary)and sell it for a fortune on Ebay

you could always just forge the t-shirt aswell (fruit of loom with UKC written on with marker pen) as sure no-one will know what they look like!

what do they look like?
 JayH 09 Jun 2005
In reply to Lurking Dave:
> (In reply to Nick Smith - UKC) And I would like to say thank you for my Tee Shirt.
>
> Remember no Avatars.
>
> LD

<gasp> you and I are living parallel lives! I, too, wrote a long reply about not having avatars. And I, too, won a teeshirt.

Perhaps there is a link there, somewhere?!
 Wingnut 09 Jun 2005
In reply to JayH:
There must be - I said the same thing and got one as well!
 Lurking Dave 10 Jun 2005
In reply to JayH: The competition is weighted to reward those people that provide the most insight... the backend is a series of cross linked databases supprted by an expert system of ten thousand flexible rules bases, this has been evolved over half a million iterations using realtime data from biologoical models. As your form is submitted a grid of 20 nodes across 5 time zones processes all the provided data, there is a cross check process that then defines the value of your contribution. Only then do you win a tee shirt. Or it could be random.

LD

Chris Fryer 10 Jun 2005
In reply to Lurking Dave: More likely the latter, as I 1 1 2 .
 nz Cragrat 12 Jun 2005

Why can't we use only capitals?

I want to make a one word emphatic reply and am hobbled !!
Iain Forrest 13 Jun 2005
In reply to nz Cragrat:
WHY?
 Simon Caldwell 13 Jun 2005
In reply to nz Cragrat:
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
 Wingnut 13 Jun 2005
In reply to nz Cragrat:
>>Why can't we use only capitals?

'Cos a post in ALL CAPS is usually considered to be shouting . . . annoying if people think they're being shouted at because some gimboid's too dense to turn caps lock off!
Besides, there's a way round it if you want to do it intentionally - as demonstrated above. :
 marie 14 Jun 2005
> (In reply to JayH) The competition is weighted to reward those people that provide the most insight... the backend is a series of cross linked databases supprted by an expert system of ten thousand flexible rules bases, this has been evolved over half a million iterations using realtime data from biologoical models. As your form is submitted a grid of 20 nodes across 5 time zones processes all the provided data, there is a cross check process that then defines the value of your contribution. Only then do you win a tee shirt.

The system must be down since I got a t-shirt :oS
epik 14 Jun 2005

Not that i want to seem inpatient but how long do tshirts normally take to arrive? think i've been black listed or something!
Removed User 14 Jun 2005
In reply to epik: its because we live in the twilight zone...
Wes 14 Jun 2005
In reply to Removed User: Still waiting for mine
marios azhari 14 Jun 2005
In reply to Andy Hyslop - UKC: i think i do all the types
thequeenofice 14 Jun 2005
In reply to Wes:
me too
 Lurking Dave 15 Jun 2005
In reply to marie: No you're speshal, even highly programmed machines have sympathy for you

LD
In reply to Wes:

The T-shirts will probaly be sent out next. We were short on a few sizes and are just waiting to get those printed.

Thanks,

Andy
 CJD 15 Jun 2005

if there are any spares I can send you my address...?
 LakesWinter 15 Jun 2005
In reply to Marc C: No coz I is balck and from sheffield and I didnt win one either. innit
Anonymous 15 Jun 2005
> (In reply to JayH) The competition is weighted to reward those people that provide the most insight... the backend is a series of cross linked databases supprted by an expert system of ten thousand flexible rules bases, this has been evolved over half a million iterations using realtime data from biologoical models. As your form is submitted a grid of 20 nodes across 5 time zones processes all the provided data, there is a cross check process that then defines the value of your contribution. Only then do you win a tee shirt. Or it could be random.
>
> LD
B***** Hell is life really this complicated

epik 18 Jun 2005

t-shirt arrived this morning, thanks! is it guaranteed to make me climb better?
TMW 18 Jun 2005

Mine's just arrived too. A rather nice shade of grey, with orange graphics. Very nice.

Thank you!
thequeenofice 18 Jun 2005
In reply to TMW:
:O wheres mine!!!!!!! noooooooooooo
pagoda 18 Jun 2005
In reply to Andy Hyslop - UKC: If no refernce to username email address or ip address is recorded during the participation of this survey as stated during the survey then how do you know who to send t shirts to
In reply to pagoda: Try reading the thread. We've answered this question several times already, and did explain it on the survey form itself.
pagoda 18 Jun 2005
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Dont you ever go home!
In reply to pagoda: Clearly not!
 Chris Fryer 20 Jun 2005
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Is there a prize for the first person to post a photo of them climbing with the T Shirt on?
 Fidget 21 Jun 2005

I filled this in and had to say I lived in Central South England as there wasn't any option for The Midlands, and I thought this was probably closest. Just cos there's no crags in the Midlands... :-p
 CJD 21 Jun 2005

please forward any undelivered t-shirts to me, if that's okay. actually, just the one would suffice.

many thanks.
 practicalcat 22 Jun 2005
still checking the post every day for my size small t-shirt, am all a-quiver with expectation!
ianstom 22 Jun 2005
In reply to practicalcat:
> (In reply to Andy Hyslop - UKC)
> still checking the post every day for my size small t-shirt, am all a-quiver with expectation!

and me
 marie 22 Jun 2005
In reply to ianstom: yeah and me...

everyone else has already got theirs...

Marc C 22 Jun 2005
In reply to marie: Wearing a UKC T-shirt is as 'hip' as wearing a Burberry cap and tracksuit. So common...tut tut

(Probably all XL anyway)
In reply to those who haven't got their T-shirts yet:

We actually ended up giving away more T-shirts than we had in stock so a few more have had to be printed. These are been done today and will be sent out later this week.

Alan
 Marc C 22 Jun 2005
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Thanks Alan. I knew there must have been some rational explanation as to why a long-time and well-respected poster such as myself hadn't been sent one when the likes of Darren Jackson had
man_in_the_alps 23 Jun 2005
Thanks for the T-shirt,cheers,Ta !
 Adders 23 Jun 2005
In reply to Alan James - UKC & team: thanks for the t shirt, like the colours too
 Marc C 23 Jun 2005
In reply to Adders: Oh shut up, you so-f***g-easy-to please gloating muppets!
In reply to Marc C:
Stop being a chopper,it's just manners to be thankful for something
 Marc C 23 Jun 2005
In reply to man_in_the_alps: Easy for you to be so chilled. I haven't won anything since a stick of rock for coming third in a twist competition for kids at a holiday camp in Abergele in 1967
 CJD 23 Jun 2005
In reply to Marc C:

didn't your mother ever teach you that it's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part?

<ducks for cover>

In reply to Marc C: I don't think winning was really part of it,more like first come ,first served,I am just lucky to see it soon atfer it was posted
 JulesW 23 Jun 2005
In reply to man_in_the_alps: Mine arrived this morning and i like it... Thanks ! soone to be seen around north yorkshire .....prob leeds wall...
 Marc C 23 Jun 2005
In reply to CJD: My mother taught me that first is everything and second's nowhere...unfortunately I was her second child
 practicalcat 23 Jun 2005
In reply to JulesW:
ooooh! hope mine arrives tomorrow! getting very excited now....
ianstom 23 Jun 2005
In reply to marie: got mine this morning - might make an old dude like me look cool, lol, will be showing it off on the cuillins next week
 CJD 24 Jun 2005
In reply to man_in_the_alps:

nope, it wasn't first come first served, it was more random than that.

practicalcat 28 Jun 2005
I'm going to have to stop checking the post every day, before I become completely sad! anyone else still waiting for their freebie?
 marie 28 Jun 2005
In reply to practicalcat: Yeah me!

Ive still not received mine either!

Can UKC confirm if they have sent them all out?

nz Cragrat 28 Jun 2005
In reply to marie:

How did YOU get one and not me?
 marie 28 Jun 2005
In reply to nz Cragrat: I still *havent* got one!!
 nz Cragrat 28 Jun 2005
In reply to marie:

no but 'theoretically' you have. Unlike me.
In reply to nz Cragrat: I suspect they bottled out on the postage. NZ and Manchester must be on their postage blacklist!
In reply to marie:
> Can UKC confirm if they have sent them all out?

I can't confirm this but I do know that we had to have some more printed since the response to the survey was so good. I also know that Andy, who is sorting it all out, is away on holiday this week.

Please have a little patience, you will get them in the end.

Alan
 marie 28 Jun 2005
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Patience?!?!?! with all the taunts from those that have received theirs?!?

*sob*

TMW 28 Jun 2005
In reply to marie:

And what taunts would they be?

Mark (wearing a lovely grey & orange t shirt!)
Removed User 28 Jun 2005

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...