UKC

Sunglasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
&y_Gee 21 Jun 2005
Can anyone recommend sunglasses or goggles to fit over standard prescription spectacles, suitable for summer alpine use?
 nz Cragrat 21 Jun 2005
In reply to &y_Gee:

get contacts.
 jools 21 Jun 2005
In reply to &y_Gee:

Cat 4 sunlglasses are made cat 4 by having a coating on both sides of the lens, this wont work if you've got another pair behind.

It may seem over the top but on a bright sunny day a few hours on a glacier or snow field will creat so much glare behind you glasses that you will probably end up with a splitting headache.

Contacts and a pair of jublos (cheap light and do the trick) will be the best option.

You could get some googles but you will end you looking like a negative panda, but then many skiiers do..

gear boy 24 Jun 2005
In reply to &y_Gee: if you go to a good opticians they can fit prescription cat3/4 lenses quite easily into alot of glacier style glasses, generally traditional aviator style with side panels, you can do this with bolle or julbo ones, usually the metal frame so its easy to change lenses, alternatively as said learn to do contacts in the dark
 'Hilda' 24 Jun 2005
In reply to &y_Gee: Try out this site - http://www.sportspectacles.co.uk

They do all types of goggles / sunglasses with either perscription inserts or perscription lenses and offer a really quick service.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

H
Robert Dickson 24 Jun 2005
In reply to gear boy:
> (alternatively as said learn to do contacts in the dark

Or get those extended use contacts.

Bob
&y_Gee 27 Jun 2005
Thanks for the response everybody.

I am definitely too squeamish to be bothered with contacts, never liked the thought of all that poking about putting them in.

I checked out www.sportspectacles.co.uk as recomened by Hilda and I shall probably invest in some Addidas specs that I can wear when I am kiting as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...