UKC

The Dorset DWS festival

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Mike Weeks 16 Aug 2005
The annual DWS festival is this year being held at Connor cove Dorset.

The action kicks off at 11am with the FatFace Enduro comp. Teams of two can attempt to climb as many routes as possible during the day. This event is open to anyone wishing to take part and score cards are available on the day.
The Snow and Rock speed comp will take place at 4pm alongside this year's new difficulty event on a route set by Steve Mcclure.
Competition topo's will be provided by Rockfax and the area is covered fully in the new Dorset Rockfax guide.

A new party site will be revealed upon the day. A fee of £5 will cover food, parking, free beer and camping if required on Saturday night.

Remember: Deep water soloing is stupid, dangerous and most likely to result in serious injury. X1 sports recommend that you safely stay at home.
 Kenny Stocker 16 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks: ok i have read this at least 4 times, so unless i am as blind as a bat tonight i think you have missed out the date?
 Michael Ryan 16 Aug 2005
In reply to alpkid:
> (In reply to Mike Weeks) ok i have read this at least 4 times, so unless i am as blind as a bat tonight i think you have missed out the date?

This Saturday, August 20th.

Mick

mrsmesh 16 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks:

hi mike,

thanks for the info, look forward to seeing you on saturday! take it easy dude, AL
 Adam Lincoln 17 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks:

Looks like you ordered the weather this year

Jus 17 Aug 2005
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Yay.
 Simon 17 Aug 2005
In reply to Jus:

if the sun god that is Jus is going then its bound to be superb weather!!

Have fun guys - stuck in Sheff for the weekend - i have a congnial disorder that makes any climbing a matter of heroic endevour...

;0)
 Jus 18 Aug 2005
In reply to Simon:

lol.

Shouldn't have spoken so soon about the weather. Lets hold thumbs I guess!
 EricpAndrew 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Jus: its going to be fine, FINE i tell you
Goatz 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks: Is anyone welcome ? I happen to be in Dorset tommorrow and might pop by if thats ok. How any people are you expecting to turn up ?
 Adam Lincoln 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Goatz:

If good weather, reckon about 300+
Ian 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
looking goog at the mooment as well

sunny and calm(ish)
 Richard Horn 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Ian:

Currently raining on the south coast but forecast is for big sun tomorrow.
Imogen 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks: hi, really want to come down for the DWS festival...have never been before, so not sure what to expect! Is it cool for anyone to come along then?
woodster 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Imogen:

yes
 Anni 19 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks:

Hope its a good one, have fun

PS to anyone tempted to do the cliff jumping, tense up as you hit the water, pretty please!!
James Fisher 19 Aug 2005
Is like an all age groups event because id love get down there but im only 16?? anyone know?

cheers
owen - soton 19 Aug 2005
In reply to James Fisher:
ill be down there, im 17 in 2 weeks
 Pythonist 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks:
Huge cheers for the folks that organised a absolutely terrific weekend! Great climbs, great weather, and awesome party (though, I must admit I didn't make it very long into the night!).

Long live the British DWS festival!

PS Are the comp results posted anywhere - I want to know how fast someone made it up Freeborn Man!
 Adam Lincoln 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Pythonist:

I know Ste Mac won it
 ingo 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Pythonist:
same here .. really enjoyed it; nice chilled atmosphere + completely unexpected on sight cruise up freeborn man made my day!
 Michael Ryan 22 Aug 2005
In reply to ingo:

Paul Twomey please email me (rockfax@yahoo.com).

Mick
 Gus 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Pythonist:
Think it was about 28 seconds! Niiiiiiice!!!!
Jenny5.10 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Pythonist: Yup, great time had by everyone I recon. Great weather, great climbers, great location and a pretty good party!
sloper 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Gus: I didn't know you were Gus, how was the head Sunday?
 Gus 22 Aug 2005
In reply to sloper:
Ay up!!!!
Think I left "the head" in that field where the party was held! didn't get to sleep till stupid O'Clock in the morning, and didn't get to Lulworth till 4.30pm, and climbed like a bag of spanners when I did. All good fun though and a big thanks to Mike and the crew for sticking their necks out and organising it again!!! Cheers1
Gus
 Richard Horn 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Jenny5.10:

Weather timed perfectly in fact - it was raining on the south coast friday and it is pissing down again today.

Party was awesome, dont know exactly what time I passed out but I think the sun was starting to appear over the horizon.

Big thanks to all who organised!
Mike Weeks 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks:
Thanks to everyone that made the effort to come down to Dorset at the weekend for another brilliant fest.
The top three speed results were:

Steve McClure 28.4 secs
Adam Lincoln 34 Secs
Gav Symmonds 34.6 Secs

Enduro comp winners were Steve McClure and Ruth Taylor.

As ever, a big thanks to the sponsors: FatFace, Snow and Rock, Wild Country/Red chili and Rockfax. Without their support the event would be impossible to put in its current form.

If anyone found a black Peak performance fleece with a chrome seiko watch in the pocket then please email me.
It was picked up sometime after 9am on saturday during clean up. Mike@x1sports.com

Mark Stevenson 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks: Great weekend. Congratulations to you and everyone else who help organise it!

Had the most awesome day on Saturday with 9 routes done followed by a great evening! Had a chilled day Sunday, falling off Horny Little Devil at Lulworth numerous times...

Many thanks
Alex Purser 22 Aug 2005
Cracking weekend!
Did hardly any climbing to speak of, but the whole atmosphere etc was fantatsic so enjoyed it.
Many thanks to organisers.
Alex Purser 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks:

Did anyone do the filthy hard, chalk line marked route by the way?
 GDes 22 Aug 2005
Amazing weekend,really enjoyed it. cheers to everyone who sorted it out. have some good pics whic i'll upload soon. good to see that good climbers are generally crap dancers!

awesome effort by the girl i spotted on the start of horny lil devil on sunday (Rachael??)-snatching for those holds was pretty ballsy! Just briliant seeing people getting stuck in like that. summed up the whole weekend

cheers

Ged
 Adam Lincoln 22 Aug 2005
In reply to Alex Purser:

No though Ade Baxter and Tim Emmett gave it a good go
 Jus 23 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks:

Thanks a lot for organising it, Mike.

Good job on the weather too.
BN 23 Aug 2005
In reply to Mike Weeks:

Amazing weekend - early morning swimming and climbing at Lolworth - on to the DWSF - party - Sunday at Portland. Felt like I had been away for a week!!!

tom russell 30 Aug 2005
In reply to Anni: hi there just replying about the cliff jumping i did it off the top we reckon it's about 45ft or close to. have you done it yet it is wicked just run as fast as you can and hope you land softly. p.s only at high tide.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...