UKC

Dominator Sit Start

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Awestruck 10 Apr 2002
Sound like Chris Sharma has recently done it!!! Hope our man (Mr MR) has the details
OP MR 10 Apr 2002
In reply to Awestruck:

....apparantly CS had done Astroman the day before, then waltzed up the sit-start to Dominator with nonchalance....

Sounds like he's becoming a bit of an all-round climber.

Mick
OP m@ at work 10 Apr 2002
In reply to MR:

he only gets the all rounder tag if he soloed astroman!!

good effort with the sit start though.

laterzz

m@
 Michael Ryan 10 Apr 2002
In reply to m@ at work:

Which Astroman though - Potter or Croft's version?

M
 Tom Briggs 10 Apr 2002
In reply to Mick - Rockfax USA:

Did Potter not do the slippery groove then on the first 'proper' pitch?
 Michael Ryan 10 Apr 2002
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor:

Don't know Tom - I didn't follow the debate too closely.

Bishop was split into the PC camp and the DP camp, I do know that.

There were lots of words.

M
Dolworth 10 Apr 2002
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor:

I believe that was the scenario. Potter was very straightforward about what he'd done and I think the debate was a little overblown. He may not have solo'd Astroman as it is known, but damn proud accomplishment regardless. Croft still takes the cake though, if only for the fact that he didn't bring a photographer with him when he did it.

Also, I recall hearing Werner Braun had solo'd it some time after Croft, just never told anyone, which I can easily believe.
Dom Orsler 10 Apr 2002
In reply to Awestruck: Yeah - he called the variation 'Dominated', which, considering the character of the original problem's creator, is pretty funny.

Sharma, as climbXmedia suggest, seems to be from a different planet. At the last PCA in Utah, once again, he was just head and shoulders above the rest of a really strong pack. Go and see the topo pictures on climbXmedia, which show who reached which holds, and repeatedly, not only is Sharma's the only name next to the top hold, but it also says 'flashed' next to it. So, in a comp he's flashing what some of the world's best boulderers can't finish with repeated attempts.

He's such a nice bloke, too.
Dolworth 10 Apr 2002
In reply to MR:

> Sounds like he's becoming a bit of an all-round climber.

I think he showed that when he onsighted Croft's Excellent Adventure (5.13c) on The Rostrum at age 16(?). I think it was his second lead placing gear.

Michael Ryan 10 Apr 2002
In reply to Dolworth:

Awesome Bob.

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...