UKC

New Article: Why Are You Taking a Risk?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Oct 2005
"Henry Barber’s maxim is 'do more with less'. His approach puts him in close proximity to the risk with minimal insulation. He states that doing more with less (technology) requires creativity. It allows us to be the leader of our life and decisions, rather than succumbing to the sheep mentality." In this complimentary article to "Feeling Safe is Dangerous", Arno Ilgner looks into the US climbing mags for examples of why climbers take risks.

Arno mentions headpointing in this short essay. Two of the UK's top headpointers, John Arran and Seb Grieve, comment on what Arno has to say.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/
 Dave C 09 Oct 2005
In reply to UKC News: I can't see any sign of this article.
 Dave C 09 Oct 2005
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: ALready looked there Nick. I can see the first article (Feeling Safe is Dangerous) but I can't se the new one. I will admit the possibility here that it's just me being brain-dead on a Sunday morning btw.
 Steve Parker 09 Oct 2005
In reply to Dave C: Hmm, was there when I looked.
In reply to Dave C: Hit reload on your browser!
Ian Hill 09 Oct 2005
In reply to UKC News: surely Lisa Rands didn't headpoint Old Friends????
 Cragdog al 09 Oct 2005
In reply to UKC News: no it was white lines that she redpointed
 AndyH1710 09 Oct 2005
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

I can't see it even once I've hit reload.

Andy
In reply to AndyH1710: Try emptying your browser cache - it is (incorrectly) keeping a copy of the old page. Or go straight to the article:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=136

Cheers
Ian Hill 09 Oct 2005
In reply to Cragdog al: the pics Old Friends though I think...I thought Alex had a pic of her on White Lines is all...
 Simon Caldwell 10 Oct 2005
In reply to AndyH1710:
> I can't see it even once I've hit reload

If you're using IE then do a hard reload - Control F5.
There's probably somethging similar for other browsers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...