UKC

Climbers pubs in sheffield?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 malx 09 Dec 2005
I presume there must be some? does anyone know where they are? i'm coming down from scotland with a bunch of people
and we need something to while away the long winter evenings.
 Simon 09 Dec 2005
In reply to malx:

Broadfield & Sheaf View's in Sheff - but go for the Peak's best pub at froggatt the grouse - proper good fire!!

si

Boy Boulderer 09 Dec 2005
In reply to malx: Fat cat just round the corner from the foundry climbing centre. Brews its own beer, a proper pub.
 Ropeboy 09 Dec 2005
In reply to malx:

those mentioned plus the Vine on Psalter Ln and the Union in Nether Edge.

J
 Ridge 10 Dec 2005
In reply to malx:

Just bear in mind that as well of proof of age you'll need documented evidence of climbing E8 before being allowed in the more exclusive pubs...
 TN 10 Dec 2005
In reply to Ropeboy:

We recently rediscovered the Vine - I like it. (must've been 10 years since we were last in there)
I knew I would when I saw the climbing pics on the wall!
 pdhu 10 Dec 2005
In reply to malx:

The Porter Cottage on Sharrow Vale Road has one of the best jukeboxes in town and is very lively, but the beer's rubbish.

But if you're coming from Scotland that shouldn't be a problem
In reply to TN: Photos appeared when they shot some scenes for Amongst Giants - a film about access workesr who were climbers it starred Pete Postlethwaite and a few Sheffield climbers as extras. Film bombed but was good for spotting bits of Sheffield that I knew and also Gav Ellis doubling as a climber
Iggy_B 11 Dec 2005
In reply to malx: There's often a very drunk oldish guy who sits in the Fox and Duck and talks about soft E5s on limestone to his not so drunk friend. Mostly students though.
OP malx 12 Dec 2005
In reply to malx: cheers guys, if i meet anyone of you in one of these, i'll buy you a beer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...