UKC

Dear Castle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wilbur 13 Dec 2005
Some suggestions for ya:-

Please could you make the column and all of those features routes upstairs into lead routes. In return you could make the smaller lead routes downstairs into TRs.

Perhaps we could have a permanent photo topo for the old upstairs bouldering (where the prow is) detailing features only problems between 5B and 6B. You could put it on a big photo in a frame and hang it near the bouldering with problems colour marked on it (similar to the way it was done recently in the newsletter but a more permanent feature..)

What say thee?
 stonewall 13 Dec 2005
In reply to Wilbur:

agreed, both good ideas - definitely not enough lead routes there, but I doubt they will consider doing anything unless you contact them directly...
Carnage 13 Dec 2005
In reply to Wilbur:
> Some suggestions for ya:-
>
> Perhaps we could have a permanent photo topo for the old upstairs bouldering (where the prow is) detailing features only problems between 5B and 6B.

Whats wrong with using your imagination?
OP Wilbur 14 Dec 2005
In reply to Carnage:
> (In reply to Wilbur)
> [...]
>
> Whats wrong with using your imagination?

I have done on a few occasions. You don't think it's a good idea then? Presumably cos us punters would then polish the harder problems that we shoudln't be on?
 catt 14 Dec 2005
In reply to Wilbur:

agree, i think they should demolish those crap top rope walls upstairs and build some good new, tall lead walls, to add to the existing leading up there which is not bad. plenty of space for it. make more toproping downstairs.

as for the feature bouldering, the fun of that is making it up yourself, or being shown it. i don't think there should be a photo topo. takes away the creativeness. we should spend some time making stuff up for ourselves. used to do it all the time in glasgow cause our feature wall didn't have bolt ons. much more fun that way!
OP Wilbur 14 Dec 2005
In reply to catt:

hmmm maybe - perhaps i'm just too lazy!

see you tonight at le chateaux?
 catt 14 Dec 2005
In reply to Wilbur:

yep, catch you there
 cmsg 11 Jan 2006
In reply to catt: Crap? The crack, column and tufas are great, providing really nice routes at their grades. No way should they be removed. As for converting the downstairs leading to top-roping, you may have a problem doing that with "The Fang" or "The Zawn" walls downstairs. I very much enjoy the variety that comes of having these more naturalistic lines, and large-scale features, that wouldn't be easily top-ropable.
OP Wilbur 11 Jan 2006
In reply to cmsg:
> (In reply to catt) Crap? The crack, column and tufas are great, providing really nice routes at their grades. No way should they be removed. As for converting the downstairs leading to top-roping, you may have a problem doing that with "The Fang" or "The Zawn" walls downstairs. I very much enjoy the variety that comes of having these more naturalistic lines, and large-scale features, that wouldn't be easily top-ropable.

the long routes such as the column are great but they should be converted to lead..

roblo 11 Jan 2006
In reply to Wilbur:

why not email them instead of posting on a forum they may/may not see.

info@castle-climbing.co.uk

Rob
OP Wilbur 11 Jan 2006
In reply to roblo:

have done now - cheers!
 catt 11 Jan 2006
In reply to cmsg:

still crap and they are really limited. if you still want some naturalism better of replacing that area with a nice big featured wall such as the one in the ibrox wall, or a less severe and more varied version of the one at the westway.

all the stuff downstairs is easily top ropeable with one or two clips for direction. most folk seem to end up topping them anyway.

truth is nothing will change on the existing stuff as the bouldering is very good and far more profitable. will be interesting to see how the new wall in the corner turns out.
roblo 12 Jan 2006
In reply to catt:

naturalism?? mate its an indoor wall... get a grip, flat panel is the most intresting, IF you have a good route setting team.
 catt 12 Jan 2006
In reply to roblo:

i agree completely, so no need to tell me to get a grip.

please re-read the above posts and you will see it was someone else desiring indoor 'naturalism'.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...