UKC

cromlech boulders

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
chummer 20 Mar 2006
having spent the best part of a day wandering above the Cromlech crag in the lanberis pass searchin for the famous cromlech boulders i gave in and am now back home to ask for specific directions. in particular for Gerries Roof and The Roadside Face. please help!
JRobertson 20 Mar 2006
In reply to chummer:

Oh that's a shame, they were up there until quite recently until the night of the great welsh earthquake, triggered ,it is beleived, by a fat welsh maiden's first orgasm. Any way they traundled down to the bottom of the hill, squashing several sheep, a large mammoth and grazing Sutty in the process. Hope that helps.
Ian Hill 20 Mar 2006
In reply to JRobertson: The Roadside Face...could there be a clue in the name?
 IOAN D 20 Mar 2006
In reply to chummer: WHAT!!!!! UMBELIEVABLE!!! they are the unmisable HUGE BOULDERS on the left hand side of the road leading up to pen y pass. As the name tells the roadside face is the face on the boulder right on the road-it has got CYMRU wirtten on it.I can just about sympathise with you in not finding Jerrie's roof as it is also right by the road on the left hand side about 100yards down towards llanberis from the cromlech boulders- A HUGE BLACK ROOF dotted in chalk marks.

good climbing
 flyboy86 20 Mar 2006
In reply to chummer: If ya still having probs pop into v12 and get the north wales bouldering guide there are maps and all the problems on the boulders are listed
IanMc 20 Mar 2006
In reply to chummer:
Are you real /
all guide books explain where thay are.
But just incase you not sure ...
# Coming down the pass you will cross a bridge on a chicane and a bus stop
the first of the boulders are than on you right opposite the long layby.
Then about 200m down the road on the right with sheep or a strong climber insitu is Jerrys roof!

Returning to the bus stop if you have you back to the post and the main crag look up the hill to the Mot nose and 1/2 way up the just past the stone wall is the Barrel traverse.

the rest is in the guide books

Buy Simon Pantons bouldering gude for all direction is readyness for your next visit !!!
Yorkspud 20 Mar 2006
In reply to chummer:

Grade T3 - good effort!

Try asking Gerrie
 pigeonjim 20 Mar 2006
In reply to chummer:
Troll
Simon Panton 20 Mar 2006
In reply to pigeonjim: This girl once came up to me whilst I was stood under the Roadside Face. She was clutching a copy of the bouldering guide and looked a bit puzzled. I asked her what the problem was and she said, "What are these boulders then?"

I wasn't sure if I had somehow failed in my mission to provide clear access instructions (Maybe she'd misunderstood my joke in the guide about taking a compass bearing across the road), or that I was witnessing a live Troll.

(Turned out that I had failed: she was genuinely confused about where she was!)
 Tyler 21 Mar 2006
In reply to Simon Panton:

I was once at the Cornice, Chee Dale when two lads came stumbling past with pads on their backs. A hour or so later they went back in the opposite direction. The next day there was a post on here with someone asking for directions on how to get to Raven Tor as they asked someone at Millers Dale and been directed to follow the river but ended up going the wrong way!
 Dale Berry 21 Mar 2006
In reply to pigeonjim: Aye back under your bridge. The most obvious Troll ever?
 John Mulhern 21 Mar 2006
good troll though
 Morgan Woods 21 Mar 2006
In reply to Simon Panton:
> (In reply to pigeonjim) This girl once came up to me whilst I was stood under the Roadside Face. She was clutching a copy of the bouldering guide and looked a bit puzzled. I asked her what the problem was and she said, "What are these boulders then?"
>
>
maybe coz they are rubbish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...