UKC

Backdale Inquiry under threat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john horscroft 21 Mar 2006
I've posted a news item on this subject, but just thought I'd bring it to the attention of the RT faithful. Thanks to the High Court, it looks as though Backdale situation could be worsening. An enforcement notice imposed on a quarry in Wales has been deemed null and the planning inspectorate is now deciding whether that decision may also apply to Backdale. So, we have the prospect of our wonderfully independent judiciary deciding whether it is right for a quarry operator of questionable morals to continue ripping the heart out of the Peak District.

So, if the inquiry is stalled and Bleaklow industries resume blasting, what do we intend to do comrades???

Cheers
JH

Should the meeting
In reply to john horscroft:

Bump
 Chris the Tall 22 Mar 2006
Not much we can do until the decision is made, but it is worrying

Have you been passed the site recently ? Is the Stop order being complied with ?

Haven't been past for a while Chris, but as far as I'm aware, there's no blasting going on. HOWEVER.........

Stop Press!!!

The enforcement notice has been declared a nullity by the Planning Inspectorate. That means the Inquiry is off and the PDNPA will have to issue a new notice and stop order. Looks as though the whole shebang will end up in the High Court. Is that the sound of an eco-vandal laughing I can hear in the distance................

JH
 schloosh 28 Mar 2006

ALL of the flouride in toothpaste made in this country comes from quarries in the Peaks.... ALL of it...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...