UKC

my first E1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ahthud 26 Mar 2006
Went to Stanage yesterday and did my first E1. I know its not the hardest one out there (Pegasus Rib on Pegasus Wall Area) but i'm chuffed to bits all the same, I can still count the number of times I have climbed on real rock on my fingers and its about my fifth or sixth time on grit. Got to say though my knees were knocking after I topped out
 wilkie14c 26 Mar 2006
In reply to ahthud:
Well done! I've still to tick my first stanage E1, HVS is scary as it is. Lancashire quarry E1's seem tame, i've done a few of them. Maybe its an exposure thing? Lancashire, you are generally boxed in as it is mainly quarry climbing, But Stanage, you have all that sweeping moorland over your shoulder...
Done E1 at Shepherds crag and Tremadog also, and they are big multi pitch crags, but for the most part are boxed in by trees....
Well done anyway!, Long tall Sally at Burbage is supposed to be friendly for E1....
FredMead 26 Mar 2006
In reply to ahthud:

Good effort!
 stonewall 26 Mar 2006
In reply to ahthud:

well done sir. did my first grit e1 last year - the crease at bamford. not much gear on that either. was the climbing steady enough ?
 Mick Ward 26 Mar 2006
In reply to ahthud:

Good do! Nice route, Pegasus Rib.

You never forget your first love - or your first Extreme...

Mick
 Fiend 26 Mar 2006
In reply to ahthud:

Did you enjoy the experience of tackling that level of challenge?
ahthud 26 Mar 2006
In reply to Fiend: loved it. left me wanting to do more. I think I made a good choice of climb as it wasn't the most technical of climbs, which only left me to deal with the exposure. I do wish I had discovered climbing in my youth though rather than in my forties.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...