UKC

NEWS: Josune Bereziartu first woman to onsight 8b+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 19 Apr 2006
With several 9a redpoints, two 8b onsights, the Basque wonderwoman raises the bar once again.

Read more in the news at UKClimbing.com

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 The sharp end 19 Apr 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Inspirational for us gals to say the least!

Amazing

Fiend 19 Apr 2006

Good stuff. Hope it inspires other girls to push their onsighting.
palomides 19 Apr 2006
In reply to The sharp end:

Inspirational for us boys too.
In reply to palomides:

Holy. Shit.

Is it just my ignorance of women's standards around the world or is it the case that other "world class" women are redpointing 8c after many days work and onsighting 8a/8a+, whilst Josune is operating on a totally different level? Absolutely staggering.
Anonymous 19 Apr 2006
In reply to midgets of the world unite: She's clearly a man in a womans body!
 Marc C 19 Apr 2006
In reply to palomides: Amazing ascent, amazing climber (of any sex) - apparently climbed wearing espadrilles, and after drinking several glasses of Rioja.

I'm definitely going to speed up my efforts on my Summit Quarry 'project x', just in case she catches wind of it (the sheep up there the other day were wearing basques and bleating in suspiciously spanish accents) and decides to make a flying visit (on her current form, she could come close).
 Marc C 19 Apr 2006
In reply to Anonymous: Man in a woman's body? Now there's an image...
palomides 19 Apr 2006
In reply to midgets of the world unite:

As far as I know, only Charlotte Durif comes close - she's onsighted an 8b (but she hasn't redpointed 9a)

So yes, Josune is out on her own.
 Dave C 19 Apr 2006
In reply to palomides: Charlotte Durif is only 15 years old isn't she? I suspect she and Adam Ondra will be pushing standards to yet higher levels within a few years.
 Marc C 19 Apr 2006
In reply to Dave C: Difficult to judge people at such an early age. After all, my school report when I was 15 said "Marc will never amount to anything. He is undisciplined, childish, and delights in causing mischief and mayhem." Well, Mr. Sandiford (if you're still alive)..check this out: I was UKC No. 1 poster (twice!)...read it and weep (like you did over my physics homework)!
palomides 19 Apr 2006
In reply to Dave C:

Aye, but Josune is setting that standard right now.

(PS Dave, don't be fooled by his gamine looks, Adam Ondra is a boy)
 Marc C 19 Apr 2006
In reply to palomides: Dave is now back home in the Land of Sheep. Where, frankly, my dear, they don't give 'aDam' whether it's male/female, animal or human...
 Fume Troll 20 Apr 2006
In reply to Marc C:
> the sheep up there the other day were wearing basques

Now you're just fantasising!

Cheers,

FT.
In reply to Marc C:
> (In reply to Anonymous) Man in a woman's body? Now there's an image...

Lots of them in Thailand....or is it the other way round?
 CENSORED 20 Apr 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Do you think 5Live will call for another interview about this 'hot' topic?
 Paul B 20 Apr 2006

from freakclimbing.com

"Adam (ondra) managed to onsight two 8b+: Kalea borroka in Siurana and another one in Monsant, he also onsighted 3 8b routes: Golpe de gas wich Adam thinks is more like 8a+,

Hidrophobia, downgraded from 8b+ to 8b

and Ramadan"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...