UKC

aid climbing-britain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IOAN D 20 Apr 2006
Totally against aid climbing but just thinking is there a crag in the uk that only has and still is an aid venue. O and any pics of aid climbing in britain as well.

thanks
ioan
Rob Reglinski 21 Apr 2006
In reply to IOAN D:

troll
 sutty 21 Apr 2006
In reply to Removed User:

Blimey, he is using twice the gear we used on pegs when we did it.
 Fume Troll 21 Apr 2006
In reply to IOAN D: Why are you against it?

Cheers,

FT.
kat 2 21 Apr 2006
In reply to Rob Reglinski:
there must be must be other good aiding places in the uk. I see on your user profile Rob that you have aided A3, where was that?
 beardy mike 21 Apr 2006
In reply to IOAN D: Seeing as clean aid does less damage to the rock than bolts and participants use a lot of chalk, could we designate the all sports crags as aid crags? (ducks...)
 stuartf 21 Apr 2006
In reply to mike kann:

Don't see why not. Perfect for practising hooking on all these little limestone crimps, with bomber bolts every few metres for when you screw things up!
Rob Reglinski 21 Apr 2006
In reply to kat 2 sausages.cache.ed.ac.uk

some of the best true aid lines in the uk are on harris (Strone Ulladale), they are slowly being freed at E7 -E hard however one or two - eg a route called the Nose - reamians un-free'd

there are others like main over-hang et,al that are in diffrent parts of the uk however like the photo suggests you can aid anywhere.

his gear is very close together, and he is not in his top steps but it is things like this that require pratcie. its hard to get into your top steps and fiddle with gear above you head all day long. ive only been aid climbing now for around a year but its somthing i great a great deal of enjoyment out of. you have to find the right partner which is hard in the UK, most people dont understand and even more havent even tried this style before subjecting it to riddicule but as im sure you are aware you can just turn up in the valley and expect to be able to climb the Nose as of day one. you have to work at it and pratice. its like anything, give it a fair chance before you make an opnion because it can provide access to some of the worlds great challanges

i think i know you?

Rob
 Tom Last 21 Apr 2006
In reply to IOAN D:

Isn't there something in the Paul Williams Snowdonia guide? Can't remember the name.
 beardy mike 21 Apr 2006
In reply to majormajormajormajor: The Big Overhang in Parliament Caves. Oooooo now that IS an aid only venue!
 SteveM 21 Apr 2006
In reply to IOAN D:

Most of those mentioned above plus Kyrie Elison in Thors Mouth.

Another piccie of Millstone on here http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=143

Photos around the UK hidden away in
http://www.bad-altitude.co.uk/memories/shortcuts.html
SamSam 25 Apr 2006
In reply to Rob Reglinski:

but i believe the question was, where was the A3 climbing that YOU did?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...