UKC

jebel toubkal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 billy.granty 25 Apr 2006
ive looked on summit post and cant find much info. i stayed in the valley below this week and want to try and climb it by a new route this winter followed by a ski descent. if anyone knows anything about this hill id really be greatful.
RobE 25 Apr 2006
In reply to billy.granty:

Did you try the guides in Imlil?
OP billy.granty 25 Apr 2006
In reply to RobE: yeah spoke to them a bit whilst on a mule ride of all things. bit of a family trip. ski descent is definitely on as people climb the regular south route in about 4hrs for a 40min descent. i just fancy something a little more sporting but couldnt find any topos or numerous route lists.
Ossian 26 Apr 2006

Climbed this hill in December 2005. There is a ridge ascent of the mountain joining Toubkal which has ridge climb at about AD/AD+. It can be found in a very good Ciccerone guide book, I think called treking in the Jebal Toubkal. The mountain is question is joined to Toubkal. If you look at my photo's you can see the hill in question.
OP billy.granty 26 Apr 2006
In reply to Ossian: i really fancy a bit of an ego boosting first ascent of a gully which may be optomistic and ill probably get shot down for wanting but im young with ambition for bigger and greater things. if anyone has any info id be really grateful.
RobE 27 Apr 2006

Sorry if this is stating the obvious but if you're after a first ascent wouldn't you be better off in Morrocco, preferably at the bottom of Toubkal, looking for a new line?
OP billy.granty 27 Apr 2006
In reply to RobE: im merely enquiring as to what people know and doing A-levels dont have time to be swanning aroud in the sun at will. im just wondering if people know where i can find information on routes already in place
RobE 27 Apr 2006

Try the CAF.
toiletduck 27 Apr 2006
I climbed Toubkal via the regular route about a fortnight ago - Its pretty simple and as a group we summited in about 3 1/2 hours, so with less people you ought to be able to do quicker. Google for Toubkal Map and you should be able to find a few basic maps that you perhaps could plot out a route from?
There looked to be a decent, but serious route going up the northern face, definately not one for coming down on skis though, or as a first ascent on Toubkal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...