UKC

Culm Coast E5/6's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adam Lincoln 15 Jun 2006
Anyone know if any of the classic E5/6's on the culm coast are clean, or have been re-equipped?

Iam talking stuff like Creeping Flesh, Hellbound, and such like.

Iam guessing some have had more than 10 acents in 20 years!
 Mark Lloyd 15 Jun 2006
In reply to Adam Lincoln: You might have to clean them yourself before an ascent although that would spoil the onsight, I bet they could do with a bit of TLC.
The perennial problem of replacing fixed gear at places like smoothlands and spekes mill, some of those pegs must be well past there sell by date.
A climber of your ability maybe able to reduce the need for fixed gear or at least eliminate some ?
OP Adam Lincoln 15 Jun 2006
In reply to Mark Lloyd:

Hmmm yeah, if the first ascentionists dont mind? I am assuming they are all Pat routes?

Some might be in the E7/8 region i reckon. Might see if Dave Pickfords keen, he is the best man for the job at the moment who lives anywhere near.
 oakapple 15 Jun 2006
Creeping flesh is (2 years ago) in good nick just the top 5 m need a little bit of care, some slightly loose holds. The main part of the route is clean and solid. Pegs? cannot remember their condition so couldn't have been that bad!! It has seen a few ascents in the last couple of years.

Hellbound looks like another kettle of fish though! very dirty, slightly vegetated and much more serious climbing, so abit of inspection/cleaning maybe required. Might be worth taking a stake or two to back up the existing ab.

Tis a really impressive crag, looks like there should be loads more routes there.

Probably worth giving Si Young a call he is probably the best person to know of rescent ascents and route conditions
OP Adam Lincoln 15 Jun 2006
In reply to oakapple:

Cheers mate, tip top info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...