UKC

Last year's DMM wallnuts 1-10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed Booth 10 Jul 2006
Where can iget the non-anodised set. They had them on Rockrun for ages at £45 but they have just dissapeared from all sites now! Anyone know??? Also, while i'm on it, what are the black diamond stoppers like? i preferred DMM nuts over Wild Country ones as they were more rounded and wedged into things better as oppose to just fitting or not so i found most sets would sit fine in all placements aprt from worn nut placements where wild country ones pop out and DMM ones can be squeezed in. Cheers, ED
 CurlyStevo 10 Jul 2006
In reply to boothy:
Tisos have some.

Whats wrong with the new DMMs?

The BD ones are quite nice, although I think I'd favour the new DMMs over them. They are flaring in the sideways placement like DMM but are more of the shape of a WC nut, but less long and wider.

I think the WC nuts compliment the DMM ones better than a set of BDs would. The BDs are heavier also.
In reply to boothy: ultimate outdoors have thme i think. well worth getting a size 11. you need to come up to the lakes. me and will went to esk butteress the other. it was stunning.
 UKC Forums 10 Jul 2006
This thread was started in the wrong forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 nniff 10 Jul 2006
In reply to boothy:

I am a confirmed cynic when it comes to things like anodised wires and such like aesthetics. I had to replace a couple of wires and had no choice but to buy the anodised ones - chunter, chunter.

However, I have to confess to being impressed how useful it is, and the coating seems very durable. So in amongst my collection of experienced/distressed gear there now sit two very distinctive coloured wires - if this is progress, bring it on.

Get the anodised ones - or perhaps a half set of each, which should work fairly well
OP Ed Booth 10 Jul 2006
In reply to UKC Forums: Soz thought i had put it in here! Ooooops, ED
 IOAN D 10 Jul 2006
In reply to boothy: hey man dont worry bout gettin them, ill get a set for u man.
In reply to CurlyStevo: > I think the WC nuts compliment the DMM ones better than a set of BDs would. The BDs are heavier also.

I'll have to disagree with you there, I find the slight difference in sizes in the BD stoppers neatly fills in the spaces between the DMM wallnuts. But then racks are very personal things.

Dave
 Tom M Williams 10 Jul 2006
In reply to boothy: I have a set of BD stoppers and they are pretty good, very much like WC Rocks tho so you may not like them!
 Tom M Williams 10 Jul 2006
In reply to Tom M Williams: For got to say tho the BD stopper although very similar shape to the WC they are different in size, and there are a greater range of sizes
 idiotproof 10 Jul 2006
In reply to boothy:

think eitehr needlesport or cotswold in keswick had thaem for £45 could give them a call and see if they will do them mailorder at same price

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...