UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Kendal Wall Climbing Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 01 Oct 2006
Kendal Wall is the first in our series of climbing wall showcases.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=235
 BenTiffin 01 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Ahh the memories, I used to find the top of the main wall there as exposed/scary as some of the BIG crags around. Probably due to the fact that other side of the room isn't far behind you at that height.

Ben
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: why don't you do a crag profile of some of the great lakes mountain crag that nay bugger can be arsed to climb on? rather than some chuffin' climbin wall?

some inspirational article on Gable, Scafell, East Butteress, Esk butteress ect. might get people up their climbing more than just the hard/classic/extreme rock routes. and would stop the crags from becoming over grown.

people might also realise that the lakes is better/harder than north wales.
 BelleVedere 01 Oct 2006
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

They do its called crag of the day

Also as well as being famed for its lakes, and hills the lakes is also famed for its rain. Were you to spend a week (or even a weekend) in the lakes they is a good chance that you might encounter said rain, a Kendal wall beats the hell out of Trapsing round Ambleside looking at coats. Its also open when its dark.
 Oli 01 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

It may be useful to include the weekend opening hours in the article.
OP Michael Ryan 01 Oct 2006
In reply to Oli:

Updated

Saturday and Sunday 10am - 7pm
 The Lemming 01 Oct 2006

Just sent you an e-mail.

Cheers
 Dominion 01 Oct 2006

Well, then. I've visited Kendal Wall once (we were in NW Yorkshire, and it was raining, so we looked for an indoor wall, and picked Kendal)

And the standout feature for me was the Stalagmite/Stalactite.

As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to try it at some point in the session, and make a good attempt at onsighting something on it. As it happens there were 2 routes in my grade, and I flashed one of them, and got to the top with a broad grin and a feeling of genuine achievement, a proper indoor wall "woohoo" route!
 climber1993 03 Oct 2006
In reply to Dominion: the stalagtite is an awesome route must do i onighted it woohoo!
The Munter Punter 03 Oct 2006

> And the standout feature for me was the Stalagmite/Stalactite.
>
It smelt pretty funny after I managed to lead it. Mmmmm.

climber1993 04 Oct 2006
In reply to The Munter Punter: what did it smell of? lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...