UKC

NEWS: BMC Supremo Dave Turnbull in Bouldering Shocker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 16 Oct 2006
Bouldering got the official seal of approval yesterday by the BMC and the autumn bouldering season is now officially OPEN.

More, with exclusive UKClimbing.com photos of BMC Chief Executive, Dave Turnbull, on a Thorn Crag classic And For My Next Trick (Font 7a).

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 mark reeves Global Crag Moderator 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: The death of a Trad Climber?
 Matt_b 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Possibly the most un-newsworthy drivel I've ever read. Nearly sending a boulder problem, and having offical seasons for bouldering. What a load of rubbish.
 Monk 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Matt_b:
> What a load of rubbish.

Otherwise known as comedy.
 Norrie Muir 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
>
> More, with exclusive UKClimbing.com photos of BMC Chief Executive, Dave Turnbull, on a Thorn Crag classic And For My Next Trick (Font 7a).
>
I think he should be training more and eat less at his Executive Lunches.
squeek 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Matt_b:

News: man goes bouldering.

Wow, this is of world importance to everyone who has a slight interest in climbing. I'm sure it'll be round the internet and on the front cover of climbing mags around the world.

If you don't find any news on other websites to report Mick, you don't have to pretend something like this is news, just don't report any.
 ste_d 16 Oct 2006

news shocker, 'sense of humour bypass' detected on UKC
Yorkspud 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Matt_b:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) Possibly the most un-newsworthy drivel I've ever read. Nearly sending a boulder problem, and having offical seasons for bouldering. What a load of rubbish.

Hmm - ever heard of irony? No? Thought not.
 bluebrad 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Matt_b:
> ....and having offical seasons for bouldering. What a load of rubbish.

Not really - in the late spring and summer the warm conditions mean that you can not get any decent friction on the gritstone so you move onto the limestone. Then as the conditions get cooler the limestone starts to seep and you move back on the gritstone.

bluebrad
 Norrie Muir 16 Oct 2006
In reply to bluebrad:
> (In reply to Matt_b)
>
> Not really - in the late spring and summer the warm conditions mean that you can not get any decent friction on the gritstone so you move onto the limestone. Then as the conditions get cooler the limestone starts to seep and you move back on the gritstone.
>
Only for the gritcentric.

StuM 16 Oct 2006

so the grit bouldering seanson only started yeserday eh?

now i know why i couldn't do anything at almscliff on saturday, i was a day early! silly me.

1 more excuse to add to the long list!
 bluebrad 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:
> (In reply to bluebrad)
> [...]
> Only for the gritcentric.

I did think about adding that on at the end Norrie but decided against it.

bluebrad
 Adders 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: where did you get the grades from on your pictures? they look different from lakesbloc site....?
(i was at thorn crag again on saturday. lovely venue isn't it.)
 Team BMC 16 Oct 2006

Nice set up Mick - and the lesson is - never trust a Yorkshireman from America with a camera.

Dave Turnbull
OP Michael Ryan 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Adders:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) where did you get the grades from on your pictures? they look different from lakesbloc site....?
> (i was at thorn crag again on saturday. lovely venue isn't it.)

It is...the grades are from Chapman's updated Thorn Crag topo. Not linked to.
 Adders 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: ah i didnt realise they'd been changed. will have a look.
i failed miserabley on 'burnt heather' again so am happy its been upgrade

Adders 16 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: i can't reach the starting holds - had to double the pads up! i was going with left hand in the scoop and right in the crack.
can't wait to go back again.

cracking problem on paradise boulder too - the one with the flake.
 Apollo 21 Oct 2006

http://www.lakesbloc.co.uk/20.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...