UKC

NEWS; Shark’s Fin Climbed by Czechs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Marc C 24 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Not the 5a roof problem at Ramshaw then?
 Lucy Wallace 24 Oct 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
Wow, that is quite a route!
I believe that this is a route that my stepdad Alistair attempted with a small British team in the 80s. They failed but got close to the summit, eventually being driven back by bad weather conditions . He would have been really pleased to know that it has finally been climbed.
 John H Bull 24 Oct 2006

Shark's Fin Soup - done years ago. Burbage North, but can anyone actually find it?
 Jamie B 25 Oct 2006

Much respect; this was one of the Last Great Problems of the Himalayas and had repelled many strong teams.
 Offwidth 25 Oct 2006
In reply to jhenryb: I think I did but the description for its location doesnt help.
 Offwidth 25 Oct 2006
In reply to jhenryb:

I presumed it took the overlap (right of a slanting chimney) on the buttress 30 left of Phillipa Buttress. If you know a different version let me know and I'll climb it.
 John H Bull 25 Oct 2006
In reply to Offwidth:

There's a tale to tell here...I feel a new thread coming on...
 Offwidth 25 Oct 2006
In reply to jhenryb:

Hurry up then Ive got to head off to go indoor climbing in a few minutes.
lezec 25 Oct 2006

The Sharkfine is still unclimbed, see the czech climbing site http://lezec.cz/clanek.php?key=5240 where a nw correcting information is placed, where you will see a scheme of what was actually achieved by the guys. They claim a sort of messinterpretation of their initial information caused by the technical havoc in an internet cafe in Uttarkashi or Delhi, while they downloaded an image from their camera and marked the line unpreciselly, beleaving they would give full information after their arrival in mid November. But the story has evolved ahead of time independantly throughout the world without them knowing as they are travelling somewhere in between Agra,Varanasi and Kalkata.

They beg Yoour clemency, climbers!

The World rolls over Our heads

A Czech Man

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...