UKC

GEAR SHOWCASE: Mountain Boot: The Freney XT GTX

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 08 Nov 2006
The Freney XT GTX is a modern alpine boot made in lightweight and abrasion resistant K-TECH. It is intended for use on classic alpine routes and its absolute lightness will appeal to climbers tackling long and difficult alpine itineraries.

Read more http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=242

Gear Showcases at UKClimbing.com present climbing and mountaineering equipment that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews. If you have experience of these products registered users at UKClimbing.com are welcome to add comments to the associated thread.
rhood1uk 11 Nov 2006
The Freney XT GTX are a Light weight boot but a bit pricey for what they are, also watch out for the blisters caused on long routes down in the alps.
Two of us had identicle boots and suffered the same, thought I had broken these in after loads of training but long downhill boulder fields in the Alps don't seem to suit these boots with my feet or the other guys.
These will be going on Ebay
Juki 11 Nov 2006
In reply to rhood1uk:
At least in France the boots are actually cheap compared to other similar models.

I've done 2500m descents with these boots quite many times in the Alps and no blisters at all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...