UKC

Tripods

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peteclark 14 Nov 2006
I need a new tripod and was wondering what your advice and recommendations were for a lightweight tripod up to £200.

Thanks.

Pete
Removed User 14 Nov 2006
In reply to peteclark: I bought a Velbon carbon pro tripod recently & have been very happy with it. It's relatively lightweight & easy to use. I added the Manfrotto 460 Magnesium Head, which is simple & easy to use too but not as quick as a ball head. The prices at warehouseexpress are quite reasonable & should fit within your budget.

Dr Avid 15 Nov 2006
In reply to peteclark: I ended up getting a manfrotto 190 and the 488 ball head. Hevay, but nice, and carbon fibre is more money than i care to spend on three sticks. All up came to £130
Richard G. Carter 15 Nov 2006
In reply to peteclark:

Manfrotto are always good, second only to Gitzo (I prefer the Manfrotto's leg locks but they are heavier tripods)

Treat yourself to a 190MF4, I have a 055MF3 and love it to bits the 190mf4 is the same but slightly smaller
 Dr Avid 15 Nov 2006
In reply to Richard G. Carter: yep sounds like a good bet to me.....things i wouldve wanted are carbon fibre and 4 section legs, but i didnt try hard enough at school
 ChrisJD 16 Nov 2006
Hi Pete

I've got a Gitzo 2220 I'd consider selling, either with or without a Gitzo G1277M centre ball head.

email if you are interested

Richard G. Carter 17 Nov 2006
the 190mf4 isn't that expensive you can get one on ebay for £140 plus p&p

you know you want one
 Chris Fryer 17 Nov 2006
In reply to peteclark: I cost a lot more than £200.
Richard G. Carter 18 Nov 2006
In reply to peteclark:

if youre interested i know a website where you can get a mint 2nd hand gitzo 1227 carbon fibre mountaineer tripod for £180. ill dig up the link if you like, think the shop was in essex somewhere
chris were you replying to me?
just the 190mf4 can be found for much cheaper than £200
OP peteclark 18 Nov 2006
In reply to Richard G. Carter:

I would be interested if you could send me the link.

Cheers

Pete
In reply to peteclark:

you have mail

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...