UKC

NEWS: Fred Nicole Repeats Sharma's Witness The Fitness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 03 Jan 2007
In 2005 Chris Sharma climbed an astonishing boulder problem across a 40ft roof in the Ozarks, near Jasper, Arkansas (USA). Witness The Fitness starts with a perfect jug then goes horizontal for 40ft using mushroom-like holds of iron hard sandstone to a perfect top out finish.

More, including links to online video of this problem at .... http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Jus 03 Jan 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Awesome stuff - how old is Fred Nicole btw?
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

'Freds' are always the best climbers
 abarro81 03 Jan 2007
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer: guess since freds are so good you must've finished your cheddar project then eh...?
In reply to abarro81:

Haha!

No I havn't been on it recently. I know I am not even strong enough to repeat the easier moves I did back in Sept/Oct... Gotta get strong before I try again!
 abarro81 03 Jan 2007
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer: how hard do you think the crux is? (and when does it become open?
In reply to abarro81:

Lol, it's closed till December of this year! Unless you come climbing with me, then I will let you have a go

It's at least V9, probably V10 to a good undercut, straight into a bit of strenuous english 6c, then a very very difficult english 7a crux move followed by strenny and very technical 6b/6c section to join the finish of a 7c+ (from this point, it is probably F6c+ ish to the chains). So probably a V10 followed by an 8a+. At least F8b, probably 8b+.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=54629
 abarro81 03 Jan 2007
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer: argh! nails! that sounds too hard to even have as a project to train to do the moves on, let laong link! what boulder grade do you think the eng7a is?! will have to leave that one to savage/pickford etc i think!
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer: Certainly the most grades I have ever seen in a sentence!
 Ally Smith 04 Jan 2007
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:
Fred - i've got a padlock key in my sack. Did you give me one for this project?
Is the above description for the direct version, or the mamoth cross thru for the E2 jug then back right?
Shame i pulled the half the undercut of whilst bolting it , isn't it?
Alex - when you going back to Curbar?
 abarro81 04 Jan 2007
In reply to ally smith: whenever there's a good forecast and i can get there! probably be next weekend or one after (13/14 or 20/21 i think they are) if the weather's ok, i'll let you know when i'm thinkin of heading up
In reply to abarro81:
> (In reply to A Longleat Boulderer) argh! nails! that sounds too hard to even have as a project to train to do the moves on, let laong link! what boulder grade do you think the eng7a is?! will have to leave that one to savage/pickford etc i think!

7a bit is probably V8 ish
In reply to ally smith:

Don't think I gave u a key to the project, might be wrong tho ... it would be a goldy coloured one if i did

7a bit is the cross through method for the e2 jug, but I recon there are other 7a bits in the V10 start ...
TimS 04 Jan 2007
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer: You could have started a new topic to spray about your project.

Fred is such a beast, few years behind Moon I reckon he'll still be going strong when he's 40 too!
 GDes 05 Jan 2007
In reply to TimS: how has news about one of the most amazing looking hard problems of the last few years degenerated into drivvle about some choss pile in england?

Effort by fred. looks very very hard.
In reply to TimS:
> (In reply to A Longleat Boulderer) You could have started a new topic to spray about your project.

Umm. Alex and Ally asked so I replied.
 abarro81 05 Jan 2007
In reply to GDes: prob cos i asked fred a question about his 'choss pile in england'... sorry. well done fred nicole

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...