UKC

Petzl headtorch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SecretSquirrel 03 Jan 2007
Have some millets/blacks vouchers so going to get myself a head torch this week.
Apart from 8g & £5, is there any difference between the Petzl Tikka & Petzl Tikka Plus??

Both seem to have the exact same spec:
• Elasticated headband for comfort and stability
• Tiltable lamp allows direction of the beam
• Water resistant housing permits all weather use
• Long lasting four LED unit never needs replacing
• Battery life of up to 150 hours
• Powered by three AAA batteries (included)
• Weight 70/78g including batteries

Am I missing something?
Jules 03 Jan 2007
In reply to SecretSquirrel:

Ey up,

Hope you are well. The Tikka Plus has 4 LEDs rather than 3 so will be brighter. It has 3 brightness settings and some sort of strobe function (not sure why you'd need that).

Jules

SCC 03 Jan 2007

Power output?

Doesn't the Tikka have three LED's and the Plus has four?

I can't believe I knew that.

I need to get out more.

SCC 03 Jan 2007
In reply to Jules:
You beat me to it. Feel less sad now.
Jules 03 Jan 2007

Just be aware that they're not very waterproof at all. Everytime I use them I seem to get water inside. That's not necessarily a problem if you take the batteries out and dry it out straight away afterwards. Otherwise everything inside rusts and it's a mess.
 DNS 03 Jan 2007

Strongly recommend the Tikka XP
Jules 03 Jan 2007
In reply to SCC: Just because I'm a sad freak with too much time on his hands doesn't mean that you're any less so!
 Mike Stretford 03 Jan 2007
In reply to SecretSquirrel: The Energizer headtorch (2 bright white leds, one red) for £7 which can be bought from Stretford Arndale Wilkonsons is very good. I bought one out of curiosity/immediate need, but have found it to compare well with more expensive ones (my girlfriends Tikka). I use it for mountian biking.
The Blacks website has both listed as 4 LED unit, so maybe they've got their details mixed up and you can't really see clearly from their photos.
I'll take your word for it folks as I guess you actually have the torches!

Was thinking of these ones in particular because I have the vouchers to spend and thats what Blacks/Millets sell.
Ricky 03 Jan 2007

I recently got the Black Diamond Spot :

That has a superbright 1 watt LED bulb with 3 normal LED's as the alternative. Each has three brightness settings (& there's a strobe as well on each). I thinks it's well worth considering (despite it's £35 price tag). On the lower settings the batteries seem to last forever.
Well worth considering. When full on, it's seriously bright.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...