UKC

NEWS: Stunning Recent Inversion Photos in the UKC Photo Gallery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 05 Jan 2007
If you were out in one of the UK's mountain regions over the Christmas period you may have been lucky to have experienced some great temperature inversions. Many registered users at UKClimbing.com got up off the couch and were rewarded with scenes that we all dream of.

Lots of stunning photos.... http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
OP Michael Ryan 05 Jan 2007
 Al Evans 05 Jan 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: he can use a camera that guy.
 Toby_W 05 Jan 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Thanks Mick, some of those in the article are just magic.

Cheers

Toby
Removed User 05 Jan 2007

Thanks Mick, I was on Scafell Pike on the Friday before Christmas and the scene was exactly that in the photo. It was almost summer like as I ate my sandwiches on the top. As usual, I didn't have a camera so it's good to be able to show the missus what she missed!
 Norrie Muir 05 Jan 2007
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> Streapadair's struck lucky again recently with these photos
> http://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/author.html?id=32371
>
I don't think luck comes into it, he puts a lot of effort geting about the hills. Streapadair is UKC' best mountain photographer.
 Katie Weston 05 Jan 2007
Was out on Moel Siabod, was an amazing temperature inversion all over snowdonia. Unfortunately none of the pictures do it justice, so I've not uploaded any of them. Was a really odd day, it's not meant to get hotter th higher you go, it was commented that we'd been colder on summits in mid summer than on that day! It did lead to some beautiful scenes walking up through the forest though, a real winter wonderland of sparkling trees.
OP Michael Ryan 05 Jan 2007
In reply to Norrie Muir:
> [...]
> I don't think luck comes into it, he puts a lot of effort geting about the hills. Streapadair is UKC' best mountain photographer.

Sorry Norrie. I erred just as made it live. You are right. Hard work, not luck.

Mick

Yrmenlaf 05 Jan 2007
In reply to Norrie Muir:
> Streapadair is UKC' best mountain photographer.

I don't know about "best"

Whenever I need to visit the Scottish mountains, and time does not allow, I look at Streapadair's gallery. It is the next best thing.

Y.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...