UKC

NEW ARTICLE: The SE Ridge of Sgorr Bhan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JoH - Editor 15 Jan 2007
"I asked for a climb, and for my sins, they gave me one"

Read more of this epic ascent of Sgorr Bhan - A 33,600 inch nail of rock hammered up through some of the most extreme weather on Earth...

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=135
joe_the_waiter 15 Jan 2007
In reply to JoH - Editor:

Thoroughly enjoyable.
 ScottMackenzie 16 Jan 2007

class!
 CJD 16 Jan 2007

ace stuff!
 Diggler 17 Jan 2007
In reply to JoH - Editor: LOL Haaaaaaaar
 Diggler 17 Jan 2007

Seriously though this buried sheep belay idea is fantastic as it saves carrying a deadman
 ScottMackenzie 18 Jan 2007
In reply to Diggler:

and a sheep weighs less than a 'dead-man'
OzRod 19 Jan 2007
In reply to Scott_M@c:
> (In reply to Diggler)
>
> and a sheep weighs less than a 'dead-man'

And tastes much better if you have to eat it.

(The skin also makes warmer blankets than a deadman- unless he's a hairy Greek deadman)
O Mighty Tim 19 Jan 2007
In reply to JoH - Editor: What a SPIFFING yarn.
I checked all the guidebooks, and cannot find any guides to any other 30 thousand inch mountains in Scotland? Can anyone help with this?
I fancy topping a virgin or two.

TTG
bick 19 Jan 2007
myths and legends to tell and retell to the grandchildren...
OP JoH - Editor 19 Jan 2007
In reply to O Mighty Tim:

I seem to recall this particular [ex] virgin throwing us all off her circa May 2005?....lifted up her skirts briefly to reveal a tantalising glimpse of her uppermost crevices - anticipation, heavy breathing, sweat beading on our bodies as we surged forth with single minded focus....before she slapped us round the face and sent us running for oor mammies before we could summit.

Bitch.
welshdragon 19 Jan 2007
forgot I had submitted this ages ago.
The result of an alcohol fuelled evening sat in glencoe on our firt ever trip to Scotland in winter.

After reading great books like RUM DOODLE we just had to have a go ourselves.
 Rubbishy 19 Jan 2007

Wrong, it goes at ED3 with the sitting start and A3 if you use the in situ frozen cadaver of a polish airman.
 bpc 19 Jan 2007
In reply to John Rushby:
> (In reply to JoH - Editor)
>
> Wrong, it goes at ED3 with the sitting start and A3 if you use the in situ frozen cadaver of a polish airman.

Sir

Speaking as a member of the first ascent party, I feel I must challenge your downgrading. The original grade was proposed taking the local ethics into account, and hence allows for the copious amount of medicinal Bowmore 17 consumed during the ascent. In particular, the sitting start certainly deserves more than ED3 due to this factor...

I consider an ascent in any other, more sober style to be disrespectful to this fine mountain; not to mention being downright un-British.

Ben
OP JoH - Editor 19 Jan 2007
In reply to welshdragon:

Well I and several hundred others are very glad for that alcohol fuelled evening Sir. Great stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...