UKC

Costa Daruda

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BennyBoy 19 Jan 2007
Me and my girlfriend are off to the Costa Daurada area on Feb 24th for a spot of sport climbing.
I would be grateful if any one has advice on cheap accommodation and good areas with lower grade routes as it is my girlfriends first time on sport routes.
 net 19 Jan 2007
In reply to BennyBoy: Hi, we stayed at the La Mussara refuge last year,it was really cheap, nice enough and the guardians were friendly: http://www.rockfax.com/areas/costa-daurada/accommodation.html

There is a crag with some lower grade stuff 10 minutes walk from the refuge and there are also a range of grades at the La Mussara TV Crags, 5 minutes in car + 10 mins walk in. There is also quite a bit of easyish stuff at Arboli.

(note - I didn't find any of the routes particularly easy - but then I'm rubbish! )
 Alun 19 Jan 2007
In reply to BennyBoy:
If you have a tent then the campsite at Prades is excellent and cheap. Otherwise the best cheap options are the rifugios at Mussara at Siurana.

For low grade stuff a good place to go is Margalefs (it's in the RF guide). Bit of a drive from the other crags but it's a scenic road. Once you've warmed up with a day there you should be right on for easier stuff at La Mussara, of which there is plenty.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...