UKC

Slate sport routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ksjs 07 Feb 2007
Fridge (Bus Stop) is 6b+ on Mark's site while the guide gives 7b+ - anyone know which it is?

also, anyone know when the new guide is due out and if it will be substantially different from current guide?

am being a bit lazy but can anyone give a list of slate routes that are proper* sport climbs ie not sparsely bolted and you can get on and not get stressed / injure yourself?

*disclaimer: i understand (and appreciate) the slate bolting ethic, its just that id like a few harder routes to have a go at without risking life and limb.

lastly, thank you to Mark and those involved with Safe Slate - cant wait to get out there and have a go...
 Glyn Jones 07 Feb 2007
In reply to ksjs: I've got three different guides for slate from Paul's to the little black book to the latest - will check tonight if no one answer in the meantime.
 IOAN D 07 Feb 2007
In reply to ksjs:deff not, i think the grade of 6b+ to 6c would be better for it as i did it in my five ten tennies while i rebolted it! but still it is an ok of a route (bit small)

the only difference in the new guide will be a lot of changes in grades as stuff have been rebolted and cleaned and so on. also i think a bit more user friendly.

what grades are you looking at? i could send you a list if you like. but also have a look at mr reeves site hes in charge of puting a list of rebolted things and a part of the guide book
 mark reeves Global Crag Moderator 07 Feb 2007
In reply to ksjs: Yo-an is right. It was grossly over graded in the previous
guide(s). We sent our best man up to regrade it, he sent his granny up there and she said F6b+. It is little more than a boulder problem.

There is a new rotue by Rob Mirfin about 20 metres left, that also gets F6b+ - My Hoovercraft is Full of Eels.

Like Ioan if you want a ticklist of the best of the re-equipped then email me the grade you want.
OP ksjs 08 Feb 2007
In reply to mark reeves: thanks - will have a look at these and update my guide (or maybe not, i might just take the 7b+ tick). have emailed you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...