UKC

Rescue Aonach Mor 13/02

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NickJH 14 Feb 2007
Some mates had a spot of bother - 110 foot fall from the top of Jet Stream resulting in retreat and rescue. Gear was left at belay and in top pitch (ice screws, wires and slings. Any information aiding return of said items would greatly lessen the pain already experienced.
Anonymous 14 Feb 2007
In reply to NickJH: English?
 CurlyStevo 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Anonymous:
Yes seemed like English to me, what language did you think it was?
Tim Chappell 14 Feb 2007
In reply to NickJH:

Ouch. Any idea how that happened? 110 ft is a long way.
 Jamie B 15 Feb 2007
In reply to NickJH: They'd almost finished the route and the leader had his body over the top when the cornice collapsed.
Tim Chappell 15 Feb 2007
In reply to Jamie B.:

Yikes, hope they're OK... this was last Tuesday?
 JohnnyW 15 Feb 2007
In reply to NickJH: Happened to a pal and me this week last year on Right Twin, with a similar distance fall. Those damnable cornices!
God bless the rescue boys, and our helmets, as damage was relatively minor given the distance fallen.
Hope you get your gear back.............

martin riddell 15 Feb 2007
In reply to JohnnyW:
> (In reply to NickJH) Happened to a pal and me this week last year on Right Twin, with a similar distance fall. Those damnable cornices!

a cornice fell down on me on right twin the other week - was only halfway up the first pitch at the time and it just washed over me, luckily my axes held or it could have been worse
almost sane 15 Feb 2007
In reply to NickJH:
I hope I am reading you right, that your mates are OK apart from some bumps and bruises and the fiscal pain of lost gear. Can they claim it on someone's house contents insurance?
OP NickJH 16 Feb 2007
In reply to NickJH: Yes, lad who fell is now out of hospital - nothing broken - very, very fortunate.
almost sane 16 Feb 2007
In reply to NickJH:
> (In reply to NickJH) Yes, lad who fell is now out of hospital - nothing broken - very, very fortunate.

That is great news. Thanks for letting us know.
 Jamie B 16 Feb 2007
In reply to almost sane:

A truly epic effort by his partner to get him down and then to a position of relative safety. Respect due.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...