UKC

NEWS: American Woman, Emily Harrington Climbs 8c

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 19 Feb 2007
On a quick trip to Senora, California, Emily Harrington made an ascent of Burning Down the House, a 5.14b (F8c).

Report in the news at UKClimbing.com.... http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Fume Troll 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Very impressive. Who could have guessed she was a woman, with a name like Emily?

Cheers,

FT.
 Morgan Woods 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Fume Troll:

It's the first time i've heard of her so i think some clarification is useful no?
 cidersoak 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Morgan Woods: have you not heard of Kinga Ociepka then, she's climbed 8c too!
 cidersoak 19 Feb 2007
In reply to cidersoak: or Marietta Uhden, Aleksandra Taistra, Eva Lopez, Maja Vidmar, Natalija Gros and of course the usual suspects!
 Morgan Woods 19 Feb 2007
In reply to cidersoak:

so what? it sounds liek a great achievment in its own right....why drag out all these other names...it's not like the headline said it was the first 8c by a woman.
rginns 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: hmmm, 8c and fit.... nice
 cidersoak 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Morgan Woods: well you said its the first time you heard of her and you required some clarification... clarification of what??
 Morgan Woods 19 Feb 2007
In reply to cidersoak:

sorry thought you were trying to say it is no big deal.

what was the original point :o
 cidersoak 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Morgan Woods: oh that there so many hot polish climbers who climb 8c...
 Morgan Woods 19 Feb 2007
In reply to cidersoak:

eva lopez is polish?
 cidersoak 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Morgan Woods: well okay, shes spanish...
 Karriless 19 Feb 2007
In reply to cidersoak: never heard of her so I did a quick google image search for her. Now either she's multi talented, or there are a few other eva lopez'z (lopi, lopezes, lopezs...) worth a look anyway
 SARS 20 Feb 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I saw her climbing there on this route a few weekends back. She climbs sloooow. Must have amazing stamina!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...