UKC

discuss!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CJD 19 Feb 2007
 Graham T 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:
Its all a bunch of tree hugging hippy shite
 The Bantam 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

There are worse shots on the site.
 callum 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD: I like the picture...sorry....image and I really like the trees up the RHS. However I feel the trees behind the main silhouette detract from it and it loses some of its impact. It would have looked simpler and cleaner without them.

2p's worth.
 freelancer_85 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

I quite like it.

Josh.
 erikb56 19 Feb 2007
In reply to freelancer_85:
pants
OP CJD 19 Feb 2007
In reply to freelancer_85 and everyone else:

marvellous, keep it coming.
brothersoulshine 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

Like the title of the picture says, it's a tree and some scree. Only you can't really see the scree.
 vixen 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:
I like photographers who take the image and possibly a concept a bit further than usual on this site

this one is not all spoonfed to you, leaving you room to wonder a bit about what it might be and what the photographer might have liked you to understand from it.

A synopsis of this image might be -

black. dead tree. alive tree. black. Like it!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

Do you ever find you get all fired up looking through the viewfinder, and think "Cracker" then when you see it on the screen you think "Why did I bother?"

Chris
 Burns 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

Remarkable. Obviously the author is very talented and an exceptional technician, but I can't help but think he would probably require some help while down The Dog and Tw*t, capturing a "Stormrider" performance.

Excellent. -5678/ 10!
OP CJD 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Burns:

Fiend is currently flinging epithets along the lines of 'evil woman' at me on Messenger.

he must have me mistaken for someone else.

lol.

<blows kisses Fiendward>
 Banned User 77 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD: Doesn't do it for me.

The foreground for some reason, maybe the slant, maybe the darkness, detracts, IMO. Also, it is a bit busy, with the other trees there, maybe with just that tree on its own, it would be a better shot.

I'd give it 3 out of 5. It's nice enough, just nothing special.
Jon Hemlock 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

Old withered dude frozen in time pointing up th'ill?

Pleasant.
O Mighty Tim 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Jon Hemlock: That tree's body language is pure Burley Chassis singing Hey Big Spender!

Class shot. Not. Sorry, Fiend, but you can do better.

TTG
 graeme jackson 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD: Boring
 galpinos 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

Worth a 2. Not much to it.
 jethro kiernan 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD: Is this thread the reverse of the cartier bresson spoof that was around a month or so ago (some one posted bresson photo on a photo site and aked for comments). Draw the psueds out of the wood work.
OP CJD 19 Feb 2007
In reply to jethro kiernan:

si, baroni.
 orge 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

For me, it's average. I read the comments, and can see what he was trying to achieve, but I don't think the composition works.

The branches from the tree on the right actually look more "crack-like", to me. If it was possible, I would have tried using these in a close-up silhouette.

J
 Banned User 77 19 Feb 2007
In reply to jethro kiernan: Why would it though.

Just because one thinks a professional photographer/artists work is not brilliant, doesn't make them a psued.

Sean Bell 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD: I agree with Callum I think its clumsy and would've benefitted if the trees at the bottom were 'lost' then the image cropped to an upright pano with right hand trees and dead tree.This would've given it a more graphic but simpler and cleaner feel leaving the viewer less overloaded with fuzz and more able to think about what the image was communicating.I like the trees on the right, they look soft and fluffy and I would like to nuzzle my napper into their big gay branches..
In reply to IainRUK: you have it the wrong way round, the original spoof had a lot of people offering lots of helpfull advice on a classic bresson photo, By drawing out the psueds I was meaning people who might be tempted to rapsodise about the photo rather than slag it off.
 Tobias at Home 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD: this is a trick right? you took this photo?
OP CJD 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Tobias at Home:

no i didn't! it's in colour, for god's sake!

ha ha

no, definitely not my style. which isn't to say that that is a criticism of it.
 callum 19 Feb 2007
In reply to jethro kiernan: You mean its actually a metaphor for man's misuse of the environment? The one, lonely stump reaching up, as if for help, to a dull, lifeless, helpless sky? The crowding trees representing humankinds crowding of our stricken planet. And the slope, ah yes the slope, leading down, down, down to Gates of Hades, sombre in funereal black.

Or, it could just be a deid tree.

diablo 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

staggering

wont rate it; as i dont like people judging my stuff

u have a serious talent for this sort of thing; think u should consider a spot of freelance - just to share your work to a wider audiance - me thinks
OP CJD 19 Feb 2007
In reply to diablo:

er...

you do know this is a picture from Fiend's gallery, that Fiend took?

diablo 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

above comments still apply
 Sean Bell 19 Feb 2007
In reply to diablo:
You think somebody should go be a pro on the basis of one picture?

Are you OK in the head mate?

OP CJD 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Barry Chocolate:

apparently he's referring to my pics, not Fiend's one that the thread's about. It's all a bit curious and I don't really understand.
 Mikkel 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

I would almost say that there isnt anything there to make it worth taking that picture.
But at the same time its the kind of shot i have lots of myself, im absolutly nuts for anykind of picture with silouete of trees.
 kevin stephens 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

It would have been a good picture, but totally ruined to make it look much steeper than it really is
In reply to Mokkel:
> (In reply to CJD)
>
> I would almost say that there isnt anything there to make it worth taking that picture.
> But at the same time its the kind of shot i have lots of myself, im absolutly nuts for anykind of picture with silouete of trees.

maybe we should start moody tree photo thread going evreyone submit a photo and see what people think?
OP CJD 19 Feb 2007

i don't have a moody tree photo! the only pic I have like that is a pic of my twin bro looking moody in a tree. would that count?
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to jethro kiernan)
>
> i don't have a moody tree photo! the only pic I have like that is a pic of my twin bro looking moody in a tree. would that count?

depends if he was moody enough to compensate for the tree being happy.
OP CJD 19 Feb 2007

he looks more perplexed than moody: http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_j_d/243389841/

In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to jethro kiernan)
>
> he looks more perplexed than moody: http://www.flickr.com/photos/c_j_d/243389841/

hurry up sis and take your bloody picture ive got a root digging into my arse here!!!
nice pic though
 climbingpixie 19 Feb 2007
In reply to IainRUK:

> The foreground for some reason, maybe the slant, maybe the darkness, detracts, IMO

That's what I thought and I usually like moody atmospheric pics. This one was just slightly off.
diablo 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

shall we just re-name this the dim-whits thread

think i might have to update my profile ?

(i am actually dyslexic)
 Mike Hartley 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD:

I like it.
 earlsdonwhu 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD: Trees are ok but I can't make out the scree. 'Trees and a slope' would make more sense though very boring.
Removed User 19 Feb 2007
In reply to CJD: my dogs pee against that :0
 Mikkel 19 Feb 2007

Im up for that, when i get broadband sometime this week.
Right now anything involving uploading of pictures takes forever.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...