UKC

For cyclists...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Profanisaurus Rex 19 Feb 2007
brothersoulshine 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Masood:

Reading that didn't exactly make me want to go out at get one. Especially the bit about having to wear a helmet with a mirror on it so that you could see the traffic.
 schloosh 19 Feb 2007
In reply to brothersoulshine:

what a waste of time.
Ian Straton 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Masood: cool but pointless. I'd love to know how he can steer the driven wheel without derailing the chain though..
In reply to Ian Straton:
> (In reply to Masood) I'd love to know how he can steer the driven wheel without derailing the chain though..

I was wondering that too. Some sort of universal joint, maybe? Mechanically very inefficient, but could work..

belaybev 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Masood: omg when I saw that the other day in the paper; I thought dream on.. who will buy that cr*p?!!

Not a biker I am sure.. erm.. thanks! but no thanks.
 woolsack 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Masood: You won't need to carry a chain though, no-one would nick it
00spaw 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Masood: such a pointless invention
Plumb-bob 19 Feb 2007
In reply to 00spaw:
What's so wrong with it being pointless? Don't forget climbing mountains is essentially a pointless exercise, fun.. but pointless.....

Rob
Plumb-bob 19 Feb 2007
In reply to 00spaw:
Hell! I only just saw that you wrestle pebbles!! and you feel you can lecture on pointlessness!! the cheek! ;0)

Rob
 Enty 19 Feb 2007
This thread should be re-titled "Not for cyclists"

The Ent
In reply to Plumb-bob:
> (In reply to 00spaw)
> What's so wrong with it being pointless? Don't forget climbing mountains is essentially a pointless exercise, fun.. but pointless.....
>
Well, yeah, climbing is pretty pointless, but it's fun. That thing looks bloody dangerous and I can't see how it could be any more fun than a proper bike?

Plumb-bob 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Masood:
The first time I tried a recumbent bike I had previously thought they didn't look much fun but I was wrong they're a blast! I reckon they are more dangerous though due to being lower.

So I think the frankenbike this fella has come up with would be fun (really fast cornering leaning over backwards would be a great feeling) but yes I reckon you're right it would be more dangerous.

You might not want to use it on the road but downhill slalom would be pretty graceful....

Rob
 Simon Pelly 20 Feb 2007
In reply to Masood:

That's what happens when a software engineer does some hardware!
In reply to Masood:

Do prospective purchasers hope to achieve nominations for the Darwin Awards?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...