UKC

Lorry accident on the M80

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
grumpytramp 22 Feb 2007
How would you explain to your boss what you have done to his lorry, after this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/6385189.stm <enlarge the picture for the gruesome detail>
 220bpm 22 Feb 2007
In reply to grumpytramp:

One punter on the radio just claimed he'd been queued for 5hrs.....
Ouch!
 freerangecat 22 Feb 2007
In reply to grumpytramp:

How the hell did he do it though???

Cat
gourd 22 Feb 2007
In reply to freerangecat:
> (In reply to grumpytramp)
>
> How the hell did he do it though???
>

It's a tipper. The tipper has gone up and the rest of the truck has kept going.
 lynda 22 Feb 2007
In reply to grumpytramp: tell me about it, I got caught in the traffic and had to add an extra 30 miles onto my journey just to get round it.

Took me 4 hours to get into work (Glasgow - Dundee) which normally takes me 2 hours. I'm just glad I know the back routes.

Still only 3 more weeks here, then I start my new job Glasgow - Edinburgh...
 KeithW 22 Feb 2007
In reply to grumpytramp:

This kind of accident is typically caused by cyborgs from the future coming back to kill the leader of the human resistance movement.

I blame New Labour.
 graeme jackson 22 Feb 2007
In reply to lynda:
>
> Still only 3 more weeks here, then I start my new job Glasgow - Edinburgh...

That'll take at least 5 hours
gourd 22 Feb 2007
In reply to KeithW:
>
> This kind of accident is typically caused by cyborgs from the future coming back to kill the leader of the human resistance movement.

Arnie in Cumbernauld?

Now there's a thing you don't see often.
Removed User 22 Feb 2007
In reply to KeithW:
>
> This kind of accident is typically caused by cyborgs from the future

It's not far from Bonnybridge, so there may be some truth in that!!
 freerangecat 22 Feb 2007
In reply to gourd:

I would have presumed there were locks in place to prevent the driver from pulling the wrong lever on the motoway though!
 lynda 22 Feb 2007
In reply to graeme jackson: cheers for that! Will be working at the South Gyle so close enough to get a few sessions in at Ratho. At least I don't have to get into the centre of Edinburgh...
 sutty 22 Feb 2007
In reply to freerangecat:

>I would have presumed there were locks in place to prevent the driver from pulling the wrong lever on the motoway though!

There are, but there are some faulty mechanisms on some trucks that tip when moving, seen several reports of gravel, tarmac etc being dumped as the driver drove along till he noticed there was a strange angle on his trailer. Poor servicing usually. Not drivers fault.
 Simon Pelly 23 Feb 2007
In reply to grumpytramp:

What I can't understand is the idiot who drove into the back of the tipper. Surely it was not unexpected?
Si M'Congaile 23 Feb 2007
In reply to Simon Pelly: Maybe the old fella in the Corsa was an opportunist ramp addict & decided to see if he could some big air, floored it but bottled out in the last seconds...
 Burnsie 23 Feb 2007
In reply to Simon Pelly:

"Surely it was not unexpected?"

I managed to dodge 3 of them on the way into work this morning - useless old duffer !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...