UKC

Primus Gravity MF vs Omnifuel?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
It's getting near the time to retire my aged Whisperlite and I quite fancy one of those there new-fangled gas/liquid jobbies to simultaneously satisfy my urges for morning fryups, pyromania and kit-fetishism...

Anyway, I've played with the Omnifule and it's obviously a top stove but I'm concerned that the flame area is fairly small and tends to burn things and that simmering can be tricky.

So that set me thinking about the Gravity MF - looks like a bigger flame but the adjuster is on the fuel bottle which is the biggest pain with the whisperlite

So anyone got a gravity MF? - What do you think of them? - Good flame? , easy to adjust and simmer or not?

Steve

andymoin 01 Mar 2007
In reply to Steve Culverhouse: Dono about the gravity but the omnifules flame is pretty hard to get small, tho i've never burned anything on it.
 nniff 01 Mar 2007
In reply to Steve Culverhouse:

My Omnifuel is fine - I run it on unleaded instead of that low octane white fuel stuff. Simmers fine - its last creations were a fine curry and a spag bol cooked from raw ingredients. Boils fast too. Bear in mind that you have several variables to play with - a valve on the cooker, a valve on the tank and the pressure in the tank.
Anonymous 01 Mar 2007
In reply to Steve Culverhouse: Gravity MF is nice, lighter, but not as bombproof as the omnifuel IMHO
 andymoin 02 Mar 2007
In reply to nniff: Hmm never thought of using the bottle valve to simmer, will try it out. What combo do u use to get the lowest flame with the omni?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...