UKC

Sunglasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I want a pair of sunglasses for climbing in- ones that I can attach to some string, and, failing that, are decently impact resistant.
Any ideas? I don't want to spend too much, but am prepared to pay for quality.
Rob
lordy86 22 Mar 2007
In reply to Robfromcornwall:

I use oakley minutes which have been great, worn them climbing, mountain biking, canoeing, Paragliding and loads of other crazy stuff and they have never fallen off!
 Petzl 22 Mar 2007

Look at any of the ones by Bloc, Cebe and some Julbo - all pretty cheap at £30-35, depending on model.

Also look at Nation - all their glasses are polarised and about the same price.

All reasonable plastic lenses, so they will stand being dropped a few times.

Proper glasses cords work better than a bit of string, too.
In reply to Petzl: Yeah, but how do they attach? The ones I looked at today didn't have any holes or anything to put string through. Am looking at the Bloc Edge, because in the shop this morn they were the only ones that fitted properly- i think i have a wide nose.
 RockyRob 22 Mar 2007

oakleys are expensive for a reason.
and julbo's are good
 Schmiken 22 Mar 2007

Aspex are pretty good, but I used mine for climbing, mountain biking, ice climbing and kayaking. Bought a second set of light enhancing lenses for a fiver. Great sunnies.
 mike123 23 Mar 2007
I have to admit to a preference for vuarnets because I like their lenses, however they are re hard to get in the uk. Much against my will i somehow ended up with a pair of oakley s (the ones everyones got) and have to admit that they are worth the money, good lenses and they do stick to your head. I was allways lead to believe that oakleys had a realy good guarantee, i broke an arm off mine and Oakley UK said actually the guarantee isnt as good as most people think (cant remember the exact details), however out of good will they sorted them out, in a couple of days and I dont think I even had to pay the postage.
Mike
 leeford 23 Mar 2007

Buy some croc cords for your glasses, I use them on my Oakleys, they attach like a tube sock over the end of the arms on your glasses

Lee.
 leeford 23 Mar 2007
In reply to leeford:

Sorry meant Croakies cords.
 Ian McNeill 23 Mar 2007
Dirtydogs see my profile weblink.
Anonymous 23 Mar 2007
In reply to Robfromcornwall: oaks warranty thing is same as anyone elses jsut there customer service is better and they go sure we'll fix it instead (in my experience, 1 dented lense(dropped climbing), 1 broken arm(fighting wit a mate), 1 broken pair of dartboards(skiing), yes i do treat em with a bit of rough)
In reply to Ian McNeill:

> Dirtydogs see my profile weblink.

Well, I did, and I didn't. In that I went to your website, but I didn't find any Dirty Dogs. I saw the little logo, but that's as far as I got...

And I only really went out of casual interest because my mates bought them in NZ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...