UKC

Edinburgh UKC drinks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anyone interested?
 niggle 30 Mar 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Ha ha I'm tempted to say yes but then nobody else would turn up!

fimm 30 Mar 2007

Yes, might be...
 Mehmet Karatay 30 Mar 2007

I'd be interested in a month or so once I am back in Edinburgh.

mehmet
 BelleVedere 30 Mar 2007

Yeah I could be up for that.

When?

Where?
Removed User 30 Mar 2007

Yep.
 Norrie Muir 30 Mar 2007
> Anyone interested?

I would be interested in who buys the first round.
In reply to Norrie Muir: Norrie, if you come, I'll buy you a pint for sure.Nick
 Norrie Muir 30 Mar 2007
> (In reply to Norrie Muir) Norrie, if you come, I'll buy you a pint for sure.Nick

Thanks, in case you got the wrong impression, I meant as you are all so polite, nobody would speak to each other, until you were introduced.
 Jack Frost 30 Mar 2007
In reply to Norrie Muir:
> (In reply to nickinscottishmountains)
> [...]
>
> I would be interested in who buys the first round.

I got the drift Norrie but perhaps to make your point better you should have included a comma:

I would be interested in, who buys the first round?

Or you could have said, "There's only two things that come from Edinburgh - cobbles and poofs."

I'm from Edinburgh by the way.
 Norrie Muir 30 Mar 2007
In reply to Jack Frost:
> (In reply to Norrie Muir)
>
> I'm from Edinburgh by the way.

You don't have to apologise, others have a choice to live there or not.
Removed User 31 Mar 2007
In reply to Norrie Muir:
> [...]
>
> I would be interested in who buys the first round.

You, as we are all too shy.

It won't be me, as I have also lived in Aberdeen.

BelleVedere 03 Apr 2007

Bump - something for after Easter maybe folks.

Removed User 03 Apr 2007

I'd be up for a few scoops but it would have to be after Easter now.

I'd propose the Antiquary as a suitable venue but anywhere that sells beer will do, I'm not that fussy.
Removed User 03 Apr 2007

Aye, keep me posted, I should be around after easter and am up for it.
 yer maw 03 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: aye.

it could be interesting to meet some of these folk.
 awaddie 03 Apr 2007

Always interested in a bit of light refreshment.

Any thoughts on a venue.

Andrew
 McGus 03 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: count me in Nick..
In reply to everyone: Ok then, Tuesday 17th April, 7.30 pm, how about we go for somewhere central, All Bar One on George Street. See you there. Nick
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: Right, time to decide...who's gonna be there?
 McGus 04 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: see you then Nick (text me and remind me eh!?)
 Sean Bell 04 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: How about a few bottles of ale and a boulder at the crags?
Removed User 04 Apr 2007

I'd imagine I'd make it along. If the weather's nice I might go up to Salisbury crags first and turn up later but the 17th is a wee while away anyway.
Removed User 04 Apr 2007
OK, I'll try to make it, cheers.
In reply to McGus: Sure.
 Fiona Reid 05 Apr 2007
I'll hopefully make it along too.
 EwanR 05 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: Beer? Edinburgh? Climbers? Sounds good, see you all there.
 fimm 05 Apr 2007

Yes, I should be able to make that, though I'll have to confirm nearer the time.
fimm (suddenly anxious about meeting proper climbers 'cos she only really climbs indoors...)
 graeme jackson 05 Apr 2007
> All Bar One on George Street.
The noisest, most pretentious and expensive bar in Embra? Shame I'm away that week.
 S Andrew 05 Apr 2007
In reply to graeme jackson:

Oh I'll bet there are more pretentious bars by miles.
For instance the Festival Square ABO?
 rallymania 05 Apr 2007

yeah, why not

can i suggest a venue?

how about the bar in leith called "Norries"?

put a smile on an old mans face (sorry bro!)

al
In reply to rallymania:
>
> yeah, why not
>
> can i suggest a venue?
>
> how about the bar in leith called "Norries"?
>
>
or Nobles round the corner - decent pint at a decent price.
 S Andrew 05 Apr 2007

Where are they?
In reply to Irton Pike: Go down Leith walk to great junction street then continue on down Constitution street. Norries is on the right near the tattoo parlour and Nobles is further down on the left.
 S Andrew 05 Apr 2007

Ah. Never been to the pubs down there - seldom get past the Shore.
> [...]
> The noisest, most pretentious and expensive bar in Embra?

Not a chance of All Bar One winning that title! Oloroso? Dome? That Tiger Lily place?

I must admit the suggestion of the Antiquary was a fine one.

BelleVedere 05 Apr 2007
In reply to fimm:
>
> Yes, I should be able to make that, though I'll have to confirm nearer the time.
> fimm (suddenly anxious about meeting proper climbers 'cos she only really climbs indoors...)

Don't worry people always like to have someone they can impress with there tales of daring.
 Ruth 05 Apr 2007

Hello,

Great idea, count me in !
I'm more of a regular loiterer on this site than a regular poster, but it would be good to meet some of you.

Nick, I believe I climbed with you at Trapain at year or two ago, and Es, I think I might have bumped into you at Kylo a while back when I was climbing with biped - there can't be many people origionaly from Langdale now living up here.

looking forward to it - be good if the venue and time could be confirmed nearer the time.

Cheers

Ruth

The Guildford

...and thats coming from a Weegie!
Removed User 05 Apr 2007
In reply to Humphrey Jungle:

The Guildford is a good call.

Any bar in Leith is too far from the city centre in my opinion but if it was to be a Leith venue it would have to be The Port Of Leith as it's owned by Ellie Moriarty's wife. And it's a good pub.
Removed User 05 Apr 2007
In reply to Ruth:

Hey Pal, we are WAY overdue for some beers. Do you want to get out cragging sometime too?
Removed User 05 Apr 2007

Teuchter's in the west end is a good place, as is the Oxford or Cambridge
 Sean Bell 05 Apr 2007
In reply to Removed User: Guildford is good for me..
 McGus 05 Apr 2007
In reply to Barry Chocolate: Yeah, I'm with Eric on this. Much as I like Leith the city centre is better for me..
In reply to Ruth: Yes, hi Ruth, definitely remember, you lived on E (or was it W?) Preston St, how you doing?
In reply to everyone: OK, much as I dislike changing these sort of htings as it inevitably leads to confusion, I'll admit that All Bar One was nothe best choice I've ever made.

So let's go for same date and time, but in the OXFORD BAR, 8 Young St (runs W-E from Charlotte Sq qbetween George and Queen), it's v near the Charlotte Square end. In fact, here's the map

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&cr=countryUK|countryGB&q=the+oxf...

See you all there. Nick
 McGus 06 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: yeah, useless choice matey! Oxford a much better bet.
In reply to McGus: Yeah, that's what I said!!! As ever I wholly and freely admit I am a ****wit!. Have a good weekend. What are you up to? Nick
 McGus 06 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: got the wee man this weekend so if this weather stays looking at a wee trip to Bennybeg possibly, with friend and his daughter. If weather is rubbish then Ratho tomorrow afternoon! sadly in the office today...
 yer maw 06 Apr 2007
> Tuesday 17th April, 7.30 pm, Oxford Bar.

Is this correct then?
In reply to yer maw: Yes, correct, and final too!
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: Anyone else coming along?
tracy.m 10 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: my boyfriend and i may pitch up - it'd be nice to put faces to names. It's his birthday and plan a meal so we'll see how it goes. He does also fancy a bit of bouldering on arthurs seat if the sun decides to make an appearance.
 awaddie 10 Apr 2007

Should be able to make it - barring last minute crises.
In reply to tracy.m: Do I know you? Would that be tall Andy by any chance?
tracy.m 10 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: hmmm!!! not sure if you know me or visa versa. Andy is certainly my bofriends name - he's not really tall though (taller than me and i'm 5ft 7). You're quite likely to know him though - he's been climbing for a long time. Me - only been climbing 3yrs indoor with 2 years outdoors.
Removed User 10 Apr 2007

Bollocks I'm working away that week. Well, i hope it is a success and I can come along to the second one.
Cheers
In reply to tracy.m: Ah, in that case, it must be another Tracy and Andy who are into climbing that I know. Just to be sure, did you do the Kindrochit quadrathlon last year?!?
tracy.m 11 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: No didn't do that, so no not us two. Maybe see you tues.
In reply to everyone: BUMP! The more the merrier.
chriz 16 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: may have time myself.working,very good idea.post the results for those who cannot make it,
In reply to chriz: I'll do one more bump tomorrow!
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: Bumpetybumpbump!
 BelleVedere 17 Apr 2007

So 7.30, oxford bar, wearing a red rose?
 rallymania 17 Apr 2007

well in true rallymania style, i was in hospital on thursday getting a long over due operation (no i am not changing my name to rallymania-etta) so i'm going to have to pull out of meeting up tonight

sorry folks,

but have a grand time tonight
 McGus 17 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: Nick, as i mentioned we're meeting up with some friends who are in country only for today and tomorrow so tonight is the only chance to see them. Still hope to pop in for a swift nightcap if you're still all there later on! will text you.
Removed User 17 Apr 2007

Fine, I'll either be at Salisbury Crags or ARII after work depending upon the weather so I'll likely turn up a bit after 8ish.

If anyone else is heading to either of these venues I can be identified tonight by looking for the oldest person there. I'll be wearing muddy cream trousers and a white tee shirt. I still have some blonde hair on top of my head and on my face.
In reply to Removed User: Final bump......
Anonymous 17 Apr 2007
In reply to Removed User:

Hi all,

I'm coming down tonight, but I'm afraid I can't make it until 9 / 9.15

I'd forgotten I'd got my mum up visiting, so I'll spend the early evening with her and then head out.

See you all later

Ruth (at work and not logged on)
Removed User 17 Apr 2007

Right, I'm off to AR II. It's a wee bit parky for my arthritic fingers to go outside.

See youse after 8.00 in the Oxford.
 Fiona Reid 18 Apr 2007
Nick, just wanted to say many thanks for organising last night. It was great to meet some more local climbers and to put faces to names.

Looking forward to the next one...
 awaddie 18 Apr 2007

Vote of thanks to Nick from us as well - a very pleasant evening was had.

Andrew
In reply to Fiona Reid: Hey thanks, I enjoyed meeting you all - even if I somehow managed to organise it the wrong pub, I was definitely thinking of the one up the road with a bit more space! Somehow managed to come to uni today with quite a bit of a sore head...
In reply to Fiona Reid: And that's one hell of a great photo on your profile!
tracy.m 18 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: A big thanks from me also. Very nice to meet you all, we had a really nice time.
 yer maw 18 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: aye good to meet some of the others and put faces to names. pub was fine by me as the beer was good. somehow managed to get a kebab and eat it on the train, much to the delight of the other passengers.

glad we all agree Rosyth is a quality venue!
 fimm 18 Apr 2007
Thank you from me, too. Good to meet new people (as well as someone I didn't know I knew, if you see what I mean...)
Fiona
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: Hi,

I just wanted to add my thanks as well - really enjoyed the evening, good to put some faces to names and find out again what a small world it can be!

Cheers,

Andy
Jane113 18 Apr 2007
Meh, been too busy attempting to revise and missed all of this... When is the next one?!!
Removed User 18 Apr 2007

Aye a good choice of boozer last night even if it was by accident though today I have a hangover that is almost as bad as the one I had the last time I was there about 20 years ago.

It's be nice to have another get together in a wee while. Perhaps when the weather gets a bit warmer we could meet up at Salisbury crags then retire to one of the many excellent boozeramas that the South side of Embra is blessed with.

Sorry if I missed talking to some folk, too many interesting people and conversations to get through in one evening.
 McGus 18 Apr 2007
In reply to Removed User: ach, this is all making me even more peeved I didn't make it!
 abbeywall 19 Apr 2007

thanks as well. good turnout, good chat, didn't expect such a late night. Why the wrong pub? The cambridge used to be OK now its all big plasma screens. The Oxford doesn't ever change.

tracy re your other thread, get out there leading girl!

Alison (& Kenny)
tracy.m 19 Apr 2007
In reply to abbeywall: will do, cheers. hopefully meet up some time in the future.
 Ruth 19 Apr 2007

Yup, vote of thanks from me as well.

Hadn't been in that pub for a while, it was a good night.

I'd certainly be up for a wee visit to Salisbury crags

Ruth
chriz 20 Apr 2007
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: sorry missed it look forward to next time, buzzy with work
Removed User 20 Apr 2007

I'm just in from a week away with work, glad to read it was a success and bummed I couldn't make it. I'll keep an eye out for any future meets, cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...