UKC

Anybody climbed at Marin (Costa Blanca) ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The RigPig 04 Apr 2007
Heading to the Costa Blanca, in the first week of may for a weeks climbing in the sun and am considering Marin as one of our main venues. Anyone been or heard good/bad stuff about the place, i have the costa blanca guide book but just wanted to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak.
Cheers,Nath
 Max factor 04 Apr 2007
In reply to Nath-is-a-legend:

It's a good crag for easy grades-multipitches in the 4 and 5 grades. The crag is quite exposed up on a hill and gets lots of sun- there isn't much shade- so good in winter but too hot on sunny days I'd have thought.

If you have the old Rockfax, it doesn't list a newer section on the LHS of the crag, which generally has harder routes 6A to 6c, good routes.

Would reckon a good fast party will get 2 good days climbing here, but maybe not the best for a main base as it isn't close to other crags and the area is quite industrial.
 BALD EAGLE 04 Apr 2007
 KeithW 04 Apr 2007

Good routes but not very scenic. Surrounded by factories, yards, retail complexes etc.
Chris Tan Ver. XLIX SP2 04 Apr 2007

Very good, sunny but can be windy.

Low grade multi-pitch sport as well as very steep single pitch stuff in the higher grades. There are two buttresses separated by a col. Lovely rock.
 S Andrew 04 Apr 2007

It's quite nice. Not as industrial as some are suggesting - the big warehouses are a couple of miles away in the valley. There's lots of actual scenery too.

2 crag sectors - RH multi-pitch and largely sub-6a. LH single pitch largely 6a upwards.

And Sax, Forada and Reconco are all within about a half-hours drive
 Chris the Tall 04 Apr 2007
 Simon Caldwell 04 Apr 2007
 BALD EAGLE 04 Apr 2007
In reply to Simon Caldwell:
> (In reply to KeithW)
> [...]
>
> Are there 2 crags called Marin? The one I've been to (3 times so far) has superb views.

Agreed.
OP The RigPig 06 Apr 2007
Thanks everyone,
lookin forward to it, 3 weeks and counting ! hopefully have a few good pics to be posted on here afterwards.
 Adrian Bates 11 Apr 2007

You can find some details on marin on my err, Marin page:

http://www.geocities.com/costablancaclimbing/marin.html

Adrian Bates
Costa Blanca Climbing
http://www.costablancaclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...