UKC

Trowbarrow conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 04 Apr 2007
Anybody got any current info on the conditions or stability of Trowbarrow's Main Wall?

Cheers
 wushu 04 Apr 2007
In reply to The Lemming: Last time i was there which was about September last year, the jagged overhang on the right of the main wall looked seriously unstable.
 andi_e 04 Apr 2007
In reply to The Lemming: Red Wall was in condition, the shelter stone was too hot and all the routes looked dry on saturday.
 Al Evans 05 Apr 2007
In reply to wushu: It always has!
OP The Lemming 05 Apr 2007
In reply to The Lemming:

Anybody know of any professional assessments on the structural integrity of the wall over the last six months to year?

If not who's, if any, responsobility is it to do this?
O Mighty Tim 05 Apr 2007
In reply to The Lemming: The site owner? Why are you asking this? Are you hoping to get access withdrawn?
Seriously, I was looking at some pictures taken there around 2000, and the big wall looks to be much the same now as then. Some of the end overhang has come down, but that is normal for overhanging rock...

TTG
rginns 05 Apr 2007
In reply to The Lemming: I remember hearing that a University were going to do a study of the stability for the BMC, but that was a while back - it may be worth contacting the BMC to see if they have any details. I'm sure they'd know something.
 GrahamD 05 Apr 2007
In reply to The Lemming:

It was still standing and very climbable in December (Jean Jeanie and Hollow Earth, at least)
broughton power 05 Apr 2007
In reply to The Lemming: looked dry last night
 Al Evans 05 Apr 2007
In reply to O Mighty Tim:
> (In reply to The Lemming) The site owner? Why are you asking this? Are you hoping to get access withdrawn?
> Seriously, I was looking at some pictures taken there around 2000, and the big wall looks to be much the same now as then. Some of the end overhang has come down, but that is normal for overhanging rock...
>
> TTG

Just dont go there, its a climbing area, we judge for ourselves. Tarmac used it as a reason to keep climbers out for years. Its namby pamby, stuff falls down, it gets loose, we avoid it.
 Al Evans 05 Apr 2007
In reply to rginns:
> (In reply to The Lemming) I remember hearing that a University were going to do a study of the stability for the BMC, but that was a while back - it may be worth contacting the BMC to see if they have any details. I'm sure they'd know something.

Jesus Christ, lets ask David Bowie!
 S Andrew 05 Apr 2007
In reply to Al Evans:

> Jesus Christ, lets ask David Bowie!

Or Zeppelin.

"Nobody's Fault But Mine"

brendanhanratty 05 Apr 2007
In reply to The Lemming: was there a few weeks ago, looked fine to me

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...