UKC

Cornwall Climbing (Near Lizard)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 orge 17 Apr 2007
Hi,

I'm going to be camping in Cornwall in July. The second half of our trip will be in St Ives, so we will definitely be visiting Bosigran/Sennen etc. However, we're spending the first half near Lizard Point and I'm less familiar with the crags in this area.

Looking through the UKC database, the obvious options would be:
Coastguard Cliff
Trewavas Head Main Cliff
Tater-du

I'm particularly interested whether any of these would be suitable venues for some of my less experienced friends (i.e. pref not abseil approaches and easy climbing)? Any other information would be much appreciated though.

Cheers,

James
 Mark Kemball 17 Apr 2007
In reply to orge: Trewavas is probably your best bet for your less experienced friends - plenty of choice at lower grades and non tidal. You can get in to all three without abseiling, but coastguard feels rather a commiting scramble.
Anonymous 17 Apr 2007
In reply to orge: Pen Olver, just east of Lizard Point, has plenty of easy routes from Moderate to V.S. It's tidal but fine in calm seas, getting down is a bit of a scramble but O.K once you know where you're going.
OP orge 17 Apr 2007
Thanks for the replies. I will keep both of those desinations in mind!
Cheers,

James
Colin 17 Apr 2007
In reply to orge:
In reply to orge:
As Mark says, Trewavas is probably the best bet.
Easy single pitch climbs well above the sea that you just walk into from the coast path.

If I remember correctly Tater-du is also easy to approach, but as it's slaty is more prone to sea mist/damp, etc Very colourfull though the tops of the dark crag capped by bright yellow litchens. This is multipitch.

Have a good weekend
Colin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...